Quick and delicious, this One Pot
Why You’ll Love One Pot
In our opinion, there’s nothing better than a one pot recipe! Not only are they super quick to make, but they’re also easy to clean up and versatile to fit all your needs. Needless to say, with countless recipes like One Pot Parmesan Pasta, One Pot Mac and Cheese, and more, we’re big fans. However, this one pot
- From start to finish, it’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Leftovers make for a tasty lunch the next day.
- It comes together with minimal ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- You can easily bulk it up with extra spices and ingredients for a super filling dinner.
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need
As mentioned, this one pot
- Spaghetti – We use regular wheat
spaghettinoodles, but you could also opt for whole grain or gluten-free noodles if you prefer.
- Beef – We prefer to use a slightly fattier beef for a bit more flavor, but whatever you like best tastes great.
- Onion – Once cooked, onions caramelize and add a slightly sweet flavor that cuts the acidity of the pasta sauce, making for the most incredible
- Seasonings – In order to enhance the rest of the ingredients, we included garlic cloves, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Pasta Sauce – To save time, we use a store-bought marinara sauce, but feel free to make your own!
- Beef Stock – This is our secret to creating the most flavorful
spaghettiwith ground beef you’ll ever taste. Using it in place of water allows the spaghettinoodles to absorb the flavor for a rich flavor.
How to Make this One Pot
Spaghetti Recipe with Ground Beef
Gone are the days of dirtying up several pots and pans trying to brown your beef, cook your sauce and boil your pasta. Once you make this one pot
- Brown your beef over medium heat. Drain the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and cook for 16-18 minutes.
- Stir everything together, and serve right away!
Flavor Add-Ins and Variations
If you want to get a little creative in the kitchen, feel free to experiment with different ingredient add-ins and variations such as:
- Using ground turkey or sausage instead of beef
- Adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for a spicier
- Sauteeing chopped veggies such as onions and mushrooms along with the beef for a super nutritious dinner
- Incorporating crushed tomatoes for a chunkier texture
This recipe is super filling on its own. However, it can also be served with your favorite sides for a well-rounded meal that’s ready in minutes! Some of our favorite options include:
- Greek salad
- Cheesy garlic bread
- A side of chickpea hummus and pita bread
- Cucumber and tomato salad
This recipe is great to make for easy meals throughout the week! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Or, keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge and warm leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop.
More One Pot Recipes
If you’ve never tried one pot recipes before this
- The perfect way to get your kids to eat their veggies, this One Pot Broccoli Mac and Cheese is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make!
- If you like a bit of spice, this One Pot Spicy Rigatoni is guaranteed to become your new favorite weeknight dish.
- Filled with fresh veggies, sun-dried tomato pest, and lots of herbs, this One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is always a winning recipe.
- This One Pot Lasagna has all the classic flavor of a lasagna bake but requires half the time to make!
- 1 lb pot sized
- 1 lb beef
- 1 chopped large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp dried, oregano
- 1 tsp dried, thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz pasta sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
Cook beef. Then and onion, garlic and seasoning. Add uncooked pasta, broth, sauce and Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 16-18 minutes.
One Pot Spaghetti with Ground Beef
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pot-sized spaghetti noodles
- 4 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 16 ounces good quality pasta sauce
- Optional Parmesan cheese for topping
- Set a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the beef, and cook until no longer pink, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and seasonings. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients (dry spaghetti noodles, beef stock, and sauce), and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 16-18 minutes or until noodles are al dente and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I saw this recipe and had all ingredients on hand so I gave it a try. At last minute I threw in some frozen peas. It was fast and really easy. The taste was really satisfying. Thank you for sharing.
That is fantastic! Love the addition of peas too!
I made this and it’s delicious! I think it could use a bit more “Italian Seasoning” than just oregano and thyme, but it certainly was great…today will be the second day so the flavors may have become richer too.
I make this recipe in the Instant Pot, it was excellent.
What kind of large pot do you use? can you post some links for pots/pans. I have a dutch oven but it is heavy, so I avoid using it
Awesome, absolutely! We have several dutch ovens that we use. You can find them on our shop page!