One Pot Parmesan Pasta
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 14.5 oz Rotel or petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 juice of a lemon + zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- more basil for garnish
- In a deep skillet or heavy bottom pot add pasta, tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic, lemon juice + zest.
- Drizzle olive oil, add salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock and stir everything.
- On medium-high heat bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10. Half way through cooking give it a good stir to make sure the pasta does not stick together. Cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in heavy cream, and both parmesan cheeses. Let sit for a few minutes for the sauce to thicken up!