One Pot Pasta Primavera
- 16 oz spaghetti, uncooked cut in half to fit pot
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 2 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- In a large, deep dutch oven add your uncooked pasta, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, broth, garlic, crushed red pepper, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir until everything is combined. Bring to a boil, cover and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes. *Be sure to stir half way through cooking!
- Remove lid and stir in grated parmesan cheese, chicken, and heavy cream. Top with parmesan cheese shavings.