Hold onto your forks, ’cause we’re about to spill the tea on the ultimate comfort food – easy
Table of Contents
Spaghetti Pizza Actually a Thing?
You bet it is! It might sound strange at first, but trust us,
Ingredients You’ll Need
We kept the ingredients for this pizza bake simple, sticking with the basics. Here’s what we used:
- Beef – We prefer to use lean ground beef to prevent the dish from becoming soggy or too loaded with fat.
- Marinara sauce – To save time, we opt for a homemade version, but you could easily make your own with a recipe like this!
- Spaghetti – Use regular pasta, whole wheat pasta, or gluten-free varieties to fit your needs. You could even use a different shape if you aren’t a fan of
- Sour cream and cottage cheese – When combined, these ingredients help to create an ultra-creamy pizza bake and lock in moisture, keeping your noodles tender. Plus, the cottage cheese provides a boost of extra protein!
- Flavor additions – Minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs help create the classic pizza flavor we all love.
- Cheese – We used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan, but feel free to use whatever you like best.
- Pepperoni – Totally optional, but we love to add a sprinkle of turkey pepperoni on top for extra pizza flavor.
Optional Mix-Ins and Toppings
We’ll let you in on a secret — just don’t tell our kids! But sometimes we like to mix a few hidden veggies into the marinara sauce. Add a sprinkling of shredded carrots or finely diced mushrooms, and they’ll never know! Additionally, there are obviously endless versions of pizza out there. So, feel free to mix and match your favorite toppings to make this recipe your own. Some of our favorite variations include:
- Chicken or Chicken Sausage
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onions
- Green Peppers
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs
- Pineapple (Yes, we went there!)
How to Make the Best
Spaghetti Pizza Bake Pasta
You’re never gonna believe how easy this pizza bake pasta is to make. Just follow the steps below, and dinner will be on the table in about 30 minutes!
- Prepare the pasta: Cook the noodles to al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Brown the beef: Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the beef. Then, add in the garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Combine the ingredients: Add the sour cream, cottage cheese, and remaining seasonings to a large bowl, and mix to combine. Stir in the cooked
spaghetti, making sure it is well coated.
- Layer the pizza bake: Add the noodle mixture to a deep round baking dish. Spread marinara sauce on top in an even layer followed by the ground beef, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Bake: Place the dish in the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!
Make Ahead and Storage Options
The convenience level of making this pizza bake is legendary. You can quickly prep it just ahead of baking or make life easier and prepare it in advance. Just layer all the ingredients in a baking dish, and keep it covered in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Then, just pop it in the oven, and it’s good to go!
Refrigerator: Once baked and fully cooled, leftover pizza bake pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freezer: For a longer-lasting option, place leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Let frozen
This recipe isn’t playing around – it’s a meal in itself. But if you’re feeling extra, you can jazz it up with your favorite sides. Here are a few of our faves:
Looking for more easy
- Oven Baked
Spaghetti– Quick, easy, and delicious, this viral recipe is here to stay.
- One Pot
SpaghettiCarbonara – Rich, creamy, and loaded with bacon and peas, this hearty recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes for a dinner that’s guaranteed to please.
- Spaghetti Arrabiata Bake – A longtime favorite, this recipe is spicy, savory, and totally irresistible.
- One Pot Greek
Spaghetti– Full of Mediterranean flavor, this pasta is the fastest, most delicious meal you’ll ever make.
Easy Spaghetti Pizza Bake
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 (16-24 ounce) jar marinara sauce add as little or as much sauce as you like
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 ounces turkey pepperoni
- Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Once beef has cooked, add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, dried herbs, and the remaining salt and pepper. Add to the cooked spaghetti, and stir until all the noodles are coated with the cottage cheese mixture.
- To assemble, add the noodles to a deep round baking dish. Top with marinara sauce, ground beef, and both cheeses and pepperoni. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.