This Homemade Garlic Bread is overflowing with gooey cheese and veggies for a comfort food recipe that tastes just like your favorite artichoke dip. Serve it with soups, salads, and more!
What’s the Difference Between Garlic Bread and Toast?
Commonly confused, the truth is, there is no difference between garlic bread and garlic toast! They both come in many variations including different ingredient add-ins and bread shapes. However, they are both comprised of a base of bread, butter, and garlic.
That said, it is important to note that Texas toast is a little bit different. You see, it is a type of garlic bread that is made with slices of bread that are two to three times thicker than average.
What Kind of Bread Is Best for Homemade Garlic Bread?
Any kind of bread you have on hand can be used. However, for the best results, we highly recommend choosing a thick, crusty option such as Italian or French bread.
Homemade Garlic Bread Ingredients
Rich and creamy, the simple ingredients in this dish create an easy garlic bread that’s bursting with flavor in every bite! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – For the smoothest topping, we use a whole fat option.
- Butter – Make sure your butter is unsalted!
- Garlic – For the best flavor, we recommend buying fresh garlic cloves and mincing them yourself.
- Mayonnaise – This makes the spinach and artichoke topping extra thick and provides a slightly tangy taste we love.
- Cheese – We prefer to use a combination of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, but feel free to mix and match your favorite varieties!
- Spinach – We found that thaw, frozen spinach is the best option for easy mixing.
- Artichoke Hearts – To save time, opt for jarred or canned artichoke hearts.
- Bread – We use French bread, but feel free to use any thick, crusty loaf you like best.
- Pepper – The final touch, pepper adds a slightly peppery taste that elevates the rest of the ingredients.
How to Make Easy Garlic Bread with Spinach and Artichokes
Once you see how easy this homemade garlic bread is to make, you’ll never buy the frozen stuff again! Here’s what to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the ingredients (minus the bread) in a bowl.
- Split the bread in half, lengthwise.
- Spread half the mixture on each side.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Can I Prepare Homemade Garlic Bread Ahead of Time?
The best way to make this recipe in advance is to whip up the topping and save it for later. Then, all you have to do is add to the bread!
Refrigerator: Store the spinach and artichoke mixture in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Place the spinach and artichoke mixture in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then, just let it thaw in the fridge before adding it to your bread!
This easy garlic bread is so unbelievably delicious we eat it all on its own! However, if you want to make it a complete meal, it pairs well with pretty much any dish. Some of our favorite pairings options include:
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Warm and comforting, we can never get enough bread! Try out some more of our favorite recipes for tasty breads the whole family will love.
- With a show-stopping presentation, this No Knead Focaccia Bread looks so impressive you’ll never believe how easy it is to make.
- Buttery, crispy, cheesy, and salty, this Olive Cheese Bread is just oh so good!
- Overflowing with ooey gooey cheese, this Spicy Cheese Bread Bowl is an out-of-this-world appetizer no one can resist.
- Bursting to the brim with rich garlic and savory cheese, this Cheesy Garlic Bread will have your guests begging for more.
Homemade Garlic Bread with Spinach and Artichokes
- 1 block cream cheese
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature )
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces thawed, frozen spinach
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped (drained )
- 1 loaf french bread
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, butter, mayonnaise, garlic, drained spinach, artichoke hearts, both shredded cheeses and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Split the french bread in half, lengthwise.
- Spread the spinach and artichoke filling.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet (easy clean-up!) or a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.