Baked in the oven, this Bruschetta Chicken is a low-carb recipe that’s bursting with bruschetta-style tomatoes, savory Mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil in every bite. Topped with a delicious balsamic glaze, it’s the perfect easy dinner for weeknights, special occasions, and everything in between!
What Is Chicken Bruschetta Made Of?
There are many variations of bruschetta chicken. However, they nearly always contain olive oil, tomatoes, Mozzarella, and a balsamic glaze, and our version is no different! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Chicken – We prefer to use chicken breasts over thighs because there is plenty of fat and flavor from the other ingredients!
- Olive Oil – If there’s ever a time to splurge, this is it. Trust us, choosing a high-quality extra virgin olive oil is the secret to making chicken bruschetta that’s unbelievably delicious.
- Tomatoes – We use cherry tomatoes because they’re sweet and easy to prepare. However, beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes are great, too. You’ll just want to make sure to peel and deseed them as they tend to have a more bitter flavor.
- Herbs and Seasonings – There’s no shortage of flavor in this dish! You’ll need lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, Herbs de Provence, and thyme.
- Balsamic – To create the best drizzle, we used a combination of balsamic vinegar and balsamic glaze.
- Cheese – We used Mozzarella as most bruschetta recipes do. However, feel free to experiment with other white cheeses such as Provolone or goat cheese, too!
How to Make Easy Baked Bruschetta Chicken
This recipe looks super fancy and complicated, but the truth is that it couldn’t be easier to make! When you follow the steps below dinner will be ready in under an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, basil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Mix the remaining seasonings in a bowl.
- Season the chicken generously on both sides, and place it on a prepared baking tray.
- Arrange the tomato mixture and cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Take a look at a few of our favorite tips below to ensure that your bruschetta chicken turns out perfectly flavorful and ultra juicy every single time.
Pound the Chicken. The thinner your chicken breast is, the faster it’ll cook and the juicier it will be! For the best results, place a single chicken breast in a sealable bag or under a piece of
Use a Meat Thermometer. Instead of cutting into your chicken to check that it’s done, use a meat thermometer to ensure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
Use Fresh Cheese. Fresh sliced Mozzarella is so much more flavorful than the pre-sliced, packaged versions! Cook It On the Grill! For a slightly smoky taste perfect for summer, try cooking your chicken on the grill instead of in the oven.
The great thing about chicken bruschetta is that it goes with pretty much anything! For instance, to keep it low-carb, try serving it over a bed of zucchini noodles or fresh greens. Or, serve it over your favorite pasta noodles or with a side of potatoes. No matter what you do, it’s always scrumptious!
More Amazing Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
There’s nothing better than an easy chicken dinner, take a look at some more of our favorites for quick meals the whole family will love!
- A versatile
meal prepoption, Asian Chicken Bowls are sweet, spicy, and loaded with veggies to give you everything you need for a nutritious dinner.
- Simple and highly nutritious, this Chicken and Broccoli Rice is ready in less than half an hour!
- Creamy, comforting, and so tasty, this Italian-inspired Marry Me Chicken is guaranteed to knock your socks off.
- Take Taco Tuesday to the next level with these kid-friendly Baked Chicken Tacos!
Easy Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 3 Tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
- Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, and sprinkle half of the seasonings on one side of the chicken. Flip and season the other side. Rub the seasoning around.
- Top with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the tomato mixture on top and on the sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until juice runs clear. *See notes