Quick and easy bruschetta baked chicken, this will be your new favorite baked chicken recipe! Bruschetta style tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil and of course a nice drizzle of thick balsamic glaze!
This recipe was so simple to put together, if you love our Baked Pesto Chicken, you will definitely love this one just as much, if not, more!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer (antipasto) that consists of grilling bread and rubbed with a garlic clove. Some toppings include tomatoes, beans, cured meats, or veggies.
How To Make a Bruschetta Baked Chicken?
Start with slicing cherry tomatoes, feel free to use regular tomatoes and dice them into small pieces.
Add salt, pepper, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Add a touch of balsamic vinegar,
Toss together. This mixture is so good, you can eat it on it’s own or throw it over some crusty bread!
Assemble the chicken in a baking dish and add the seasonings. Give it a good rub to make sure the chicken is well coated in the spice mixture. Top with fresh mozzarella cheese and the tomato mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 35-40 minutes. To plate, add the chicken to a plate and arrange the tomatoes on top.
Add a nice healthy drizzle of balsamic glaze, which is a nice thick cooked down balsamic.You can find it here.
Garnish with some fresh basil! Doesn’t this look pretty? It’s delicious!
What is balsamic glaze?
If you have never tried this, you’re missing out! It’s basically dark balsamic vinegar that is cooked down and reduced until it turns nice and thick. It will have a syrup-like consistency! We use this one here.
Bruschetta Baked Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 3 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Mix well.
- Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken and sprinkle half of the seasonings on one side of the chicken. Flip and season the other side. Rub the seasoning around.
- Top with the slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the tomato mixture on top and on the sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until juice run clear. *See note
The thinner the chicken breast, the quicker it will cook. .
This recipe can easily be halved or doubled!
If you don’t have mozzarella cheese on hand, feel free to use any mozzarella cheese. If you have a favorite cheese, you can definitely swap it out.
How to make this Bruschetta Baked Chicken Dairy-Free
If you want to make this dairy-free, use your favorite non dairy cheese or omit the cheese all together.
What is the best way to pound chicken
Place a single breast in a plastic Ziploc bag, or cover it with parchment paper (if you prefer not to use a Ziploc bag.) Remove as much air as possible and sealing before pounding. You can use almost any heavy, flat object to pound the breast — a skillet works great, a meat mallet, or anything heavy, feel free to get creative!