The chicken filling is so easy to make! You can eat it with a bowl of cauliflower rice if you prefer not to eat the corn tortilla shells. Either way, it’s delicious!
Baked Chicken Tacos
Easy baked chicken then shredded and added to crunchy taco shells!
- 16 oz chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp taco seasonings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small diced red onion
- 14 oz rotel or petitie diced tomatoes
- 12 oz canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 chipotle peppers (canned, chopped)
- 16 crunchy yellow or white corn tortilla shells (we used the "stand and stuff")
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 11x7 baking dish add chicken breasts, seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add onions, black beans, rotel, and chipotle peppers. Stir everything together. Cover and bake in the oven from 50-55 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Arrange the taco shells in a 13x9 baking dish. Add a couple tablespoons of chicken mixture in each taco. Add shredded cheese and green onions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the cheese melts. Serve with all your favorite taco fixings!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!