The chicken filling is so easy to make! You can eat it with a bowl of cauliflower rice if you prefer not to eat the corn tortilla shells. Either way, it’s delicious!
Baked Chicken Tacos
- 16 oz chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp taco seasonings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small diced red onion
- 14 oz rotel or petitie diced tomatoes
- 12 oz canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 canned chipotle peppers, chopped
- 16 crunchy yellow or white corn tortilla shells we used the "stand and stuff"
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 11x7 baking dish add chicken breasts, seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add onions, black beans, rotel, and chipotle peppers. Stir everything together. Cover and bake in the oven from 50-55 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Arrange the taco shells in a 13x9 baking dish. Add a couple tablespoons of chicken mixture in each taco. Add shredded cheese and green onions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until the cheese melts. Serve with all your favorite taco fixings!