Made with tons of flavor and simple ingredients, this Whipped Feta Recipe with Roasted Red Peppers makes for the best easy appetizer or healthy side dish everyone will enjoy!
Why We Love this Whipped Feta Recipe
Are you a fan of feta? We can’t get enough! Whether you’re making Easy Feta Toast, Feta Pasta Bake, or Whipped Feta Chicken Salad, it’s the perfect addition to any meal! While we often incorporate it into recipes like those mentioned, we also do our best to make feta the star of the show with options like this whipped feta recipe. Trust us, you’re going to love it, too!
For instance, not only is whipped feta easy to make, but it’s also super versatile, healthy, and totally kid-friendly. Even better, it comes together in minutes and can be prepared ahead of time. For this recipe, we took our favorite whipped feta dip and paired it with roasted peppers to create an irresistible appetizer or snack. Check out everything you’ll need to know below!
What is Whipped Feta?
Whipped feta recipes, also known as creamy feta, are a type of dip or sauce that blends feta cheese with Greek yogurt, herbs, and olive oil to create a smooth texture that’s full of flavor.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love this Whipped Feta Recipe
- What is Whipped Feta?
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How to Make Whipped Feta with Roasted Red Peppers
- Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
- Can I Freeze This Whipped Feta Recipe?
- More Whipped Feta Recipes You’ll Love
- Whipped Feta Recipe with Roasted Peppers Recipe
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this recipe, we broke the ingredients list down into two sections. One is for the whipped feta dip. The other is for the roasted peppers. Then, we paired them together to create this appetizer. However, feel free to make and serve them on their own as well! Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Whipped Feta Recipe:
- Feta – Make sure you use a block of high-quality feta cheese that is packaged in the brine. Do not opt for already crumbled feta! It will be too dry and salty for this whipped feta recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – Any fat percentage will work, but whole milk Greek yogurt will give you the creamiest texture. Whatever you use, make sure it is not flavored.
- Lemon Juice – We highly recommend using fresh lemon juice over storebought lemon juice, because it will give you a much stronger flavor.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil helps create the smooth texture we’re looking for and adds healthy fats and flavor. For these reasons, we don’t recommend swapping it out for another oil, because the taste of your feta dip will be altered.
- Herbs – We used dried mint and dried basil. However, feel free to experiment with any herbs and flavor combinations you like best to make this whipped feta recipe your own!
Dried vs. Fresh Herbs – What’s the Difference?
Dried herbs have a bolder, richer flavor than fresh herbs. As a result, you can use less in a recipe. That said, you can definitely substitute fresh herbs in this feta dip. Just make sure to increase the amount you use!
For the Roasted Peppers:
- Bell Peppers – Any color of bell peppers works fine. For the sweetest flavor, we suggest using red, yellow, or orange peppers instead of green!
- Olive Oil – Olive oil helps caramelize the roasted peppers as they bake and deepens their flavor.
- Salt & Pepper – Technically optional, salt and pepper help enhance the natural flavor of the veggies even further, making your roasted peppers truly delicious!
*Optional Toppings: To finish off this recipe, we topped the peppers and feta dip off with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley!
How to Make Whipped Feta with Roasted Red Peppers
For the Feta Dip
- Blend. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse until a smooth, creamy texture is formed. That’s it!
For the Roasted Peppers
- Preheat. To begin, preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with
- Drizzle. Slice your peppers in half, and remove the seeds. Then, drizzle them with olive oil, and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast. Place the peppers on the baking sheet, and place them in the oven for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
When both components of this recipe are finished, add the roasted peppers to a plate, drizzle them with your feta dip, and add your favorite toppings!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes! Store leftover feta dip and roasted peppers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then, when you’re ready to serve, warm the roasted peppers in the microwave or oven, and enjoy!
Can I Freeze This Whipped Feta Recipe?
We haven’t tried it, but we don’t typically recommend freezing any sort of dairy-based recipe. Typically, the taste and texture are altered too much, and the recipe isn’t the same once thawed.
More Whipped Feta Recipes You’ll Love
Can’t get enough whipped feta in your life? Us either! Take a look at a few more of our favorite recipes we know you’ll enjoy.
- Whipped Feta and Roasted Olives
- Whipped Feta with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Whipped Feta Baked Chicken
- Whipped Feta Watermelon Salad
Whipped Feta Recipe with Roasted Peppers
- 1 feta block
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 large bell peppers halved, deseeded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Slice the peppers in half, and remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- While the peppers roast, add all of the ingredients for the whipped feta to a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle the whipped feta recipe over the peppers, top with pine nuts and parsley, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you do give it a try, we would love it if you let us know in the comments below!