The Baked Feta Pasta trend went viral for a reason! It’s so simple to put together. You can add your choice of cooked protein to make it a complete meal.
- 10 oz rotini pasta or your favorite shape
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz Greek olive mix, marinated in olive oil
- 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, preferably al-dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. F. In an oven safe baking dish place tomatoes, salt, pepper, herbs de provence, and onion powder. Drizzle with olive oil and give it a good stir.
- Move the tomatoes and olive mixture to make room for the block of feta. Place feta cheese in the center of the baking pan. Bake for 30 min or until tomates burst.
- Remove from the oven. Stir the feta and tomato mixture. Add ricotta cheese, grated garlic, and fresh basil. Stir until creamy.
- Add cooked pasta. If the pasta seems dry add a little bit of the reserved cooking liquid until it reaches your desired consistency!