If you love our no-boil pasta bakes, you will love this taco flavored recipe. It’s full of flavor and it’s safe to say that it is one of our favorites! A winning quick and easy pasta recipe.
Taco seasoning is one of our favorite spice blends. It is a mix of cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic, onion, cayenne, salt and pepper. If you don’t have a favorite store bought taco spice blend, you can definitely make your own. Just note that a lot of store bought ones have a lot of extra ingredients, so be sure to get a good quality mix. These are two of our favorites and use in a lot of our recipes, Siete Foods, and Penzey’s Spices.
For everyone asking about this beautiful bow tie pasta, you can find it here.
- 12 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup red pepper, and yellow pepper mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups colby jack cheese
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, approx. 12x8. Add uncooked pasta, olive oil, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, colored peppers, garlic, onions, and broth.
- Gently toss everthing together, being careful not to break the pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and add heavy cream, and cheese. MIx until it comes together and is nice and creamy. Garnish with cilantro and a sprinkle of cheese!
Tip: If you have leftover pasta, be sure to add a little broth to help loosen it up. It really helps the pasta come back to life!