Pistachio Walnut Cinnamon Rolls are made with a secret ingredient and tons of flavor for the easiest, most delicious cinnamon rolls with nuts you’ll ever taste! Prepare them for a breakfast or brunch that will leave your guests practically licking their plates.
Feel free to serve these cinnamon rolls with nuts on their own. Or, pair them with savory options like oven baked shakshuka or baked scrambled eggs for a complete spread!
Why You’ll Love These Cinnamon Rolls with Nuts
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls filling your home. Except for the first bite you take of a warm cinnamon roll with nuts! A fun twist on a classic sweet breakfast, this recipe:
- Is made with 9 simple ingredients.
- Uses pre-made cinnamon roll dough, meaning it’s easy and quick.
- Bakes in under an hour.
- Make a large batch, meaning it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For these cinnamon rolls with nuts, we use a secret weapon to make them quick, easy, and basically failproof! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is used to create the syrup used in this recipe. Then, brown sugar is used to create the nut filling.
- Honey – Helps enhance the sweetness of the syrup and makes it sticky, allowing it to cling to the cinnamon rolls.
- Heavy Cream – Creates a rich flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.
- Butter – Unsalted butter makes the syrup buttery, rich, and extra delicious.
- Nuts – A combination of pistachios and walnuts are added to the center of the cinnamon rolls for extra flavor and crunch.
- Cinnamon – You can never have too much cinnamon! We use it with the nut filling for a bold sweet taste.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Using pre-made canned cinnamon rolls is our secret weapon to making this cinnamon rolls with nuts recipe unbelievably easy!
How to Make These Cinnamon Rolls with Nuts
These pistachio walnut cinnamon rolls are the easiest breakfast treat you’ll ever make! Here’s what to do:
- Create the Syrup. Add the brown sugar, honey, cream, and butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Then, reduce the heat, and let the syrup simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Filling. In the meantime, combine the nuts, granulated sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Fill the Cinnamon Rolls. Unroll the dough, and spoon the nut mixture onto each piece. Carefully rough the dough back up.
- Layer. Spoon half the prepared syrup into the bottom of a greased baking dish. Arrange the cinnamon rolls on top, and pour the remaining sauce over the dough followed by the rest of the nut mixture.
- Bake. Place the cinnamon rolls in the oven until they’re fluffy and golden brown. Let them stand for 5 minutes, and enjoy them while they’re warm!
How to Store
For the best results, we recommend enjoying these cinnamon rolls right away while they’re still warm. However, if you happen to have leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container, and store them in the fridge for up to 1 week.
When you’re ready to eat, simply heat them up in the microwave until your desired temperature has been reached!
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more indulgent breakfast ideas? Try out some of these sweet recipes!
- Baklava Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Roll-Ups
- Biscoff Cinnamon Rolls
- Caramel Macchiato Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Rolls with Nuts Recipe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans canned cinnamon rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, cream, and butter. Bring the ingredients to a boil, and reduce the heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the walnuts, pistachios, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Unroll the cinnamon rolls, and spoon the nut mixture over each roll. Roll the dough back up.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish, and spoon half the prepared syrup in the bottom. Place the cinnamon rolls on top. Drizzle the remaining syrup on top, and sprinkle the remaining nut mixture over the rolls.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy. Let stand 5 minutes, and serve warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.