Oreo Brownies are rich, fudgy, and studded with melty chocolate chips and Oreo pieces in every decadent bite. Easy to make, they require minimal prep time, and are ready in under an hour!
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Oreo Brownie Experience
Oreo Brownies might be the greatest mashup of all time. A chocolate lover’s dream, they’re the definition of decadence and are impossible to resist!
Topped with pieces of Oreo cookies, they look like they came from a local bakery. However, they’re so easy they’re virtually failproof.
Whip up a batch for bake sales, holiday parties, birthday celebrations, or a mid-week treat!
Ingredients You Need
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions to make this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the complete details and nutrition information!
- Butter – We recommend using unsalted butter for baking!
- Sugar – Regular granulated sugar helps sweeten the batter.
- Eggs – These enhance the fudgy consistency and add structure to the brownies, helping them keep their shape.
- Cocoa Powder – Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder. We recommend Dutch processed.
- Flour – All-purpose flour forms the base of the batter. However, if needed you can substitute a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour instead.
- Cornstarch – This creates a thick texture and contributes to the crinkly top.
- Baking Soda – Make sure it’s fresh! Otherwise, your brownies won’t rise.
- Chocolate – We use a semi-sweet chocolate bar cut into chunks to infuse every bite with chocolate goodness.
- Oreos – Break regular Oreo cookies into pieces, and sprinkle them evenly across the top.
Combine Two Desserts in One with This Oreo Brownie Recipe
Before you begin, preheat your oven, and line the bottom of a square baking dish. Grease it with
Note: We use a 9×9 baking dish to create thick, gooey brownies. However, if you prefer thinner, more crisp brownies, use a 13×9 baking dish. Reduce the baking time as needed.
- Combine the wet ingredients. Add the melted butter and sugar to a large bowl, and beat until smooth. Then, add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients. Stir in the cocoa powder just until smooth. Then, use a rubber spatula to stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt just until no clumps remain. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the batter. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly. Then, sprinkle the Oreo pieces on top.
- Bake. Transfer the baking dish to the preheated oven, and bake until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Cool. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan slightly. Then, slice and serve!
Feel free to mix and match different ingredients and toppings to make this brownies with Oreos recipe your own! Some fabulous variations include:
- Using Golden Oreos or your favorite flavor in place of chocolate.
- Opting for Double Stuffed Oreos for an even more indulgent treat.
- Mixing in chopped nuts like almonds or pecans.
- Swapping the chocolate bar with semi-sweet or white chocolate chips.
- Swirling chocolate sauce or caramel sauce into the batter.
- Adding frosting on top.
How to Store
Store unsliced brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days. Or, store sliced brownies for one to two days.
Freeze sliced brownies for up to two months. Place a sheet of
More Brownie Recipes
- One Bowl Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- Fudgy Date Brownies
- Chocolate Brownie Pizza Tart
- Sheet Pan Brookie Recipe (Brownie Cookies)
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 8 ounce semi-sweet chocolate bar, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bottom of a 9×9 baking dish, and parchment paper and grease. set aside. (these cookies are very thick and gooey, this can be made in a 13×9 baking dish if you prefer thinner brownies, baking time will have to be reduced)
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Stir in the cocoa powder, mixing just until smooth.1 cup unsalted butter melted, 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, 4 large eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt just until combined and no clumps remain. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks1 cup all-purpose flour, 4 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1 8 ounce semi-sweet chocolate bar, cut into chunks
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly. Top with Oreo cookie chunks.1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the batter is set and a cake tester can be inserted into the center and removed with just a few moist crumbs attached. Be careful not to overcook!
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Store unsliced in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or sliced for 1-2 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.