A fun twist on a classic dessert, this Chocolate Brownie Pizza is baked like a tart and topped with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit. Made with a secret ingredient, it’s quick, simple, and always delicious. Serve it for Valentine’s Day, weekend brunches, bake sales, or as an afternoon treat everyone will adore!
Why We Love This Brownie Pizza Tart
If you’re anything like us, it doesn’t take much convincing to get you to dig into any kind of chocolate dessert. However, this brownie pizza is particularly scrumptious. So, we’ll just talk about it for a minute.
- It bakes in 25 minutes or less.
- One recipe makes a big batch to feed a crowd.
- Topped with cream cheese frosting and fresh berries, it looks super fancy but is easy to make.
- Made with chocolate chips and cocoa powder it’s ultra chocolatey and rich.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This brownie pizza features baking staples and a surprise ingredient you probably won’t expect to see! Here’s everything you’ll need:
For the Chocolate Brownie Pizza Tart
- Eggs – These provide structure, holding the dessert together.
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix – Our secret weapon, using pancake mix makes this brownie pizza unbelievably easy to create and extra fluffy and decadent.
- Chocolate Chips – We use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but dark or white chocolate would taste great, too!
- Cocoa Powder – Make sure your cocoa powder is unsweetened!
- Sugar – Regular granulated sugar helps sweeten the batter
- Salt – Just a pinch helps enhance the sweet chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla Extract – Use high-quality pure vanilla extract for the best results!
- Vegetable Oil – This helps combine the ingredients, creating a rich flavor and moist, tender texture.
- Butter – Similar to vegetable oil, this adds moisture to the mix and provides a rich taste.
For the Whipped Topping
- Cream Cheese – Full-fat cream cheese will provide the best taste and texture.
- Powdered Sugar – This helps sweeten the topping without clumping.
- Whipped Topping – Used to provide extra volume and create a smooth, creamy texture.
- Vanilla – Used to enhance the natural sweetness.
- Strawberries – Sliced up and added on top for extra color, flavor, and texture!
Feel free to experiment with different flavor combinations and ingredients to make this brownie pizza your own! To get you started, some of our favorite variations include:
- Using brownie mix instead of pancake mix.
- Folding dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or chopped nuts into the batter.
- Drizzling caramel, chocolate, or even Nutella on top.
- Omitting the frosting and dusting powdered sugar on top instead.
- Adding sprinkles.
- Using different berries.
How to Make the Best Chocolate Brownie Pizza Tart
This brownie pizza is so easy even the kids can do it. Just follow the steps below, and it’s ready in no time!
- Combine the Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, use a whisk or mixer to beat the melted butter and sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Then, stir in the oil and cocoa powder just until smooth.
- Add the Dry Ingredients. Gently stir in the pancake mix and salt just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake. Spread the batter evenly in a greased tart pan, and bake just until a cake tester can be inserted into the center and comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Create the Topping. Set the brownie pizza aside to cool. In a second large bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Then, add the whipped topping and vanilla, and beat again until the ingredients are fluffy.
- Top. Spread the whipped topping over the brownie tart. Top with sliced strawberries, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
We have just a few extra tips to help ensure this brownie pizza comes out perfect every single time you bake it!
- Don’t Overmix. Be careful to combine the ingredients just until they are smooth. Continuing to stir and mix will result in a dense, tough dessert.
- Don’t Overbake. Unlike other desserts, you want the center of this brownie pizza to be just a little moist. You’ll know it’s done when the center is set but a few crumbs still cling to the cake tester when inserted into the center.
- Adjust the Cooking Time. For this recipe, we used a 10-inch tart pan. You can use a smaller one, but you’ll need to reduce the amount of batter used to prevent it from overflowing. Then, keep a close eye on your dessert as it bakes, adjusting the time as
How to Store
This brownie pizza tart is a great dessert to make ahead of time! However, if you don’t plan on eating it right away, store the frosting and brownie separately.
Refrigerator: Wrap the brownie pizza in cling wrap, or place it in an airtight container. Then, store the frosting in a separate container. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Stored separately, the brownie pizza and frosting can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To Serve: Let your ingredients thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, serve them cold, at room temperature, or pop the brownie in the oven for just a few minutes to warm it up. Assemble the pizza with the frosting and berries, and enjoy!
More Chocolate Lovers’ Desserts
Looking for more chocolate-loaded desserts? We’ve got you covered with some of our favorites below!
- Hazelnut Chocolate Tart with Candied Hazelnuts
- Chocolate Hazelnut Skillet Brownie
- Hazelnut Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Pots De Creme
Chocolate Brownie Pizza Tart Recipe
For the Brownie Pizza Tart
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Whipped Topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Butter a 10-inch tart pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Stir in the oil and cocoa powder just until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the pancake mix and salt until just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tart pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the batter is set and a cake tester can be inserted into the center and removed with just a few moist crumbs attached. Be careful not to overcook! Set aside to cool.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the whipped topping and vanilla, and beat again until fluffy.
- Spread the whipped mixture over the brownie, and arrange sliced berries on top. Serve immediately.
- Store brownie and whipped topping in separate containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.