This is the easiest lava cake, we stuffed it with a hazelnut flavored Lindt chocolate truffle. When the lava cake was cut open, the truffle oozed out, it was so good!
Hazelnut Lava Cake
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Hazelnut truffle
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and butter, microwave for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate melted and combined.
- In the same bowl add flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined, do not overmix. Place in a buttered 8 oz ramekin.
- Add your favorite chocolate truffle in the center, we used a hazelnut Lindt truffle. Cover the truffle with the chocolate cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Gently loosen the sides with a butter knife. Invert onto a plate and shower with powedered sugar!
The chocolate immediately started to ooze! If you want it even more decadent, please add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Your heart will thank us!