This Double Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe is the best dessert you’ll ever taste! Rich, fudgy, and moist, it’s tender, easy to make, and perfect for every occasion!
Why You’ll Love This Double Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
A chocoholic’s dream, there’s so much to love about this double cake recipe! For instance, it:
- Can be prepared in minutes and bakes in an hour.
- Is super moist and fluffy.
- Features a rich chocolate batter, chocolate chips, and chocolate icing.
- Is perfect for holidays, birthday parties, and more!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this double chocolate bundt cake recipe, we use a pre-made cake mix to make it quick, easy, and affordable. Here’s everything you’ll need:
For the Cake:
- Cake Mix – Devil’s food cake mix forms the base of this recipe, creating the foundation for its rich chocolate flavor.
- Pudding Mix – Instant chocolate pudding mix enhances the flavor while contributing to a moist, dense texture.
- Greek Yogurt – This helps add extra creaminess, and the tangy flavor pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate.
- Nutella – Storebought or homemade Nutella takes the chocolate flavor to the next level.
- Espresso Powder – Contrary to popular belief, this does not make the cake taste like coffee. Instead, it enhances the chocolate flavor! If preferred, feel free to use decaf coffee powder.
- Vegetable Oil – Enhances the moisture of the cake.
- Eggs – These are crucial to providing structure to the cake and making it even richer.
- Water – Helps combine the ingredients.
- Chocolate Chips – We use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but dark chocolate would taste incredible, too.
For the Topping:
- Heavy Cream – This creates a rich, creamy texture that is unlike any topping you’ve ever tasted!
- Chocolate Chips – These are melted down and stirred into the cream to transform its flavor.
Feel free to experiment with different add-ins and toppings to make this recipe your own! For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Mixing chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter.
- Using a different topping like buttercream frosting or powdered sugar.
- Arranging sliced strawberries on top.
- Baking mini pound cakes instead of one large bundt cake.
How to Make This Double Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Although they look fancy and complicated, bundt cakes are really easy to make!
- Combine the Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips until they are smooth. Then, gently fold in the chocolate.
- Bake. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake until it is fluffy and a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Prepare the Topping. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, and stir them into the heavy cream.
- Serve. Flip the cake over onto a plate, and pour the chocolate topping on top. Then, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Although the double chocolate bundt cake recipe is super easy to make, we have a few extra tips and tricks that will make this recipe failproof!
Use a Good Pan. You can’t make a bundt cake without a good bundt pan! If you can, it’s worth the investment to purchase a high-quality non-stick pan like this to make sure your cake turns out beautiful every time you bake.
Grease the Pan. Generously grease your bundt pan with non-stick spray and/or butter to prevent the batter from sticking. Use more than you think you need!
Use Room Temperature Ingredients. This will make it easy to combine the ingredients, creating a fluffier, tender texture.
Don’t Overbake. Be sure to keep a close eye on your oven so you don’t overbake your cake! You want it to be spongey and moist when you pull it out of the oven. Otherwise, it will turn out dry.
Chocolate Bundt Cake Common Questions
When kept in an airtight container, leftover cake will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yes! Wrap your cake in foil, and transfer it to an airtight container. Then, store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
There’s never a bad time to serve this cake, but it is especially great for special occasions like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and birthday parties!
More Easy Cake Recipes for Every Occasion
Looking for more easy cake recipes? Take a look at some of our favorites below!
- Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- S’mores Chocolate Cake
- Molten Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
For the Bundt Cake:
- 18.25 ounce package devil’s food cake mix
- 5.9 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 Tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease a bundt pan, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, eggs, oil, Nutella, espresso powder, and water until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Prepare the topping by melting the chocolate chips in a small bowl in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between. Stir the melted chocolate chips into the heavy cream until smooth.
- Flip the bundt cake over onto a plate, and pour the chocolate topping on top.
- Slice, and serve!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.