We LOVE these cute white ramekins! They come in four different textured styles! Find it here.
- 7 oz dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add chocolate, butter, and heavy cream. Place in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Add egg yolks, espresso powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk just until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add egg whites. Beat until soft peaks form, gradually add the sugar. Continue to mix until stiff peaks form. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add half of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Gently fold until mixed in. Repeat with the remaining egg whites until they are incorporated. Make sure not to beat and to use gentle folding method. You do not want the mixture to deflate.
- Butter and sugar your raemkins. Fill the ramekins and flatten the tops, run your thumb around the rim.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes* Do not poke to check for doness, otherwise it will deflate. Serve immediately. Top with fresh whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar.
*For a more molten center, bake for 12 minutes. If you prefer a more cooked center bake for 15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!