Fuss-free and bursting with flavor, this Slow Cooker Tomato and Feta Pasta Recipe is as good as it gets! Make it ahead of time for a comforting weeknight meal.
TikTok-Inspired Feta Pasta Recipe
If you’re on social media at all, you’ve probably seen the viral feta pasta recipe floating around. With recipes like One Pot Pizza Pasta, One Pot Spinach and Artichoke Pasta, and so much more, it’s pretty obvious we’re huge fans of easy pasta recipes. So, we knew we had to give it a try! However, we took the original recipe and made it even easier with the slow cooker, and the results couldn’t have been better. This feta and tomato pasta is:
- Made in just one dish.
- Perfect for
- Bursting with flavor.
- Loaded with veggies for a nutrient-rich comfort food the whole family will love!
Simple Feta and Tomato Pasta Ingredients
You’re not going to believe how just 8 ingredients can create such an incredible taste. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cheese – A whole block of fresh feta cheese will give you the best results. It’s less processed than crumbled feta and will give you a superior melty texture.
- Tomatoes – We used cherry tomatoes, but grape tomatoes work as well. The key is to use small tomatoes for the most concentrated, sweet flavor.
- Olives – We used a combination of kalamata and green olives for a savory, salty taste. However, you could use whatever you like best.
- Olive Oil – This helps coat the pasta for a smooth consistency and helps caramelize the veggies for a warm, hearty meal. Plus, it provides a boost of healthy fats to keep you full!
- Seasonings – Just oregano, salt, and pepper are all you need to take this feta pasta recipe from good to great.
- Pasta – Use whatever you like best!
How to Make The Easiest Feta Tomato Pasta Recipe
This feta and tomato pasta is hands down the easiest recipe you’ll ever make!
- Add all of the ingredients except for the pasta to your slow cooker.
- Cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and enjoy!
This pasta will infuse your home with a smell so scrumptious, that your family will be drooling and ready to eat! This means that having leftovers will be super unlikely. However, if you do, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
We don’t recommend freezing this feta pasta, because the cheese won’t thaw well!
Frequently Asked Questions About this Feta Pasta Recipe
Can I use crumbled feta instead?
Yes, as mentioned, a whole block will provide the best texture. However, crumbles will work as well. Just be sure to pile them in the center so they melt!
What should I serve with this recipe?
Thanks to the veggies and feta cheese, this pasta is filling enough to be served on its own for a meatless meal. However, it also works well as a side course. Try pairing it with chicken tenders and a side salad for a filling dinner. Or, mix in your favorite protein like chicken, shrimp, or beef for a casserole-like option!
What’s the best pasta to use?
We prefer shorter noodles like cavatappi, penne, or even elbow noodles. However, whatever pasta you have on hand will taste great.
Can I make this feta tomato pasta recipe gluten-free?
If you want, you can swap out the pasta for gluten-free noodles. However, if you do, be sure to serve this dish right away as gluten-free options tend to disintegrate if kept in the slow cooker.
More Comforting Pasta Recipes
- The perfect mashup of queso dip and pasta, comfort food doesn’t get better than this Queso Pasta.
- Full of flavor, this Baked Taco Pasta is full of flavor for a winning weeknight recipe.
- Everyone’s favorite pasta dish made super easy, this One Pan Alfredo Pasta is full of cheesy flavor and so quick to make!
- Not exactly traditional but so easy to make, this Oven Baked
Spaghettiis a viral recipe that’s here to stay.
Slow Cooker Tomato and Feta Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounce chunk feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 springs fresh oregano (or substitute with 2 teaspoons dried.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- In the slow cooker add the chunk feta cheese in the center. Arrange the tomatoes, garlic and olives around the feta cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the oregano stem on top.
- Cover, and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Once the tomato and feta mixture is complete, remove the oregano and give everything a good mix. Gently press down the tomatoes to release the juices.
- Mix in cooked pasta and fresh spinach, pour in with the reserved pasta water as needed if the noodles seem dry.
- Serve warm.