Our whipped feta chicken salad is perfect for this spring weather! It isn’t as heavy as our Whipped Feta Baked Chicken, but it bring just as much flavor to the plate. This light salad is topped with a delicious marinated grilled chicken, vibrant spring vegetables, and an indulgent whipped feta based dressing.
Table of Contents
Why we love Whipped Feta Chicken Salad
Feta cheese is tangy and salty – the perfect base for a creamy dip. This crumbly cheese is made from a mix of sheep and goat milk (sometimes just sheep’s milk!). And if you have been making our recipes for a while, you know we especially love whipped dips featuring feta.
This salad combines our love of whipped feta dips with our love of fresh, healthy food. This salad is as scrumptious as it is nourishing. The romaine lettuce, chopped toppings and whipped feta dressing make for the most perfectly balanced salad. It’s a great meal for those warm spring days when you can’t bear to stand over a hot stove for long and want something cool and refreshing to eat!
What do you need to make whipped feta?
Making whipped feta is incredibly easy. If you haven’t tried to make it yet, now is the time! We are obsessed with it, and know that you will be too once you see how easy it is to make. The only tool you will need is a food processor to whip up the dressing.
And that’s it! We love our food processor because it is such a versatile kitchen appliance. From chopping and grinding to pulsing this creamy feta together, it can do anything. Rather than use a blender, we prefer the food processor because it combines all of the ingredients while aerating them. This helps get the signature whipped feta texture.
What is cucumber sauce
Cucumber sauce, also known sometimes as Tzatziki sauce, is made with Greek yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. It has a delightfully creamy texture with a hint of acidity. It pairs well with chicken because the bright and refreshing taste balanced out the dense flavor and texture of animal proteins!
Is Whipped Feta Chicken Salad healthy?
Yes, our whipped feta chicken salad is definitely a healthy recipe! Chicken breast is a great source of low fat protein because it is naturally lean. The vegetables that are loaded on top of this salad also carry a lot of nutritional value! The mango not only adds a sweet twist, but it also is filled with vitamins and antioxidants.
How to make Whipped Feta Chicken Salad
- Add the chicken breast, cucumber sauce, salt and green goddess seasoning to a large bowl. Mix everything to coat the chicken in yogurt. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After the chicken finishes its marinade, set a grill pan on the stove and heat it up over medium high heat. Add a bit of cooking oil, then place the chicken on the grill pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and cooked through.
- In a food processor or blender add the feta, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, water, mint, salt, and pepper. Pulse the ingredients together until creamy.
- Using romaine as a base, build your salad! Top the greens with mango, red onion, kalamata olives, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Add sliced cooked chicken on top.
- Dress salad, and mix together
How to store leftovers of Whipped Feta Chicken Salad
If you think there are going to be leftovers, store the lettuce separately from the toppings to avoid wilting. Separately store the dressing, the chicken, and the toppings in airtight containers. The salad greens will last 1-2 days before wilting, and the rest will last up to three days in the refrigerator.
How to make cucumber sauce
- 1/2 large English cucumber, peeled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp dried dill, optional
- Use a box grater and grate the cucumber.
- In a large bowl add the grated cucumber, yogurt, vinegar, salt, pepper, and dried mint.
- Mix until combined
Whipped Feta Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 3/4 cup prepared cucumber sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon Green Goddess Seasoning
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 6 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce or your favorite greens
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1 small sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 medium chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- In a large bowl add the chicken breast, cucumber sauce, salt and Greek seasoning. Mix until the chicken is completely covered in the yogurt. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- on a grill pan on medium- high heat add the chicken. Cook on 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and cooked through.
- In a food processor or blender add feta, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, water, mint, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until creamy.
- Using romaine as a base, build your salad, topping with mango, red onion, Kalamata olives, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Add sliced cooked chicken on top.
- Dress salad, and mix together.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.