One Pot Tex-Mex Rice
Easy southwestern style rice using quick cooking rice!Print Pin Rate
- 3 cups quick cooking rice
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3.5 cups chicken broth broth of choice
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with chilies liquid drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans washed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- In a large pot or dutch oven add all your ingredients, except for the cheese and cilantro.
- Stir everything together. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Stir in cheeses and cilantro. Serve immedietely.