- 3 cups quick cooking rice
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3.5 cups chicken broth broth of choice
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with chilies liquid drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, washed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot or dutch oven add all your ingredients, except for the cheese and cilantro.
- Stir everything together. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Stir in cheeses and cilantro. Serve immedietely.