Easy and healthy one pan Chicken and Broccoli Rice recipe. The instant brown rice, makes this recipe ready in less than 20 minutes.
It’s so simple. The hardest part of this recipe is chopping up the chicken!
After you cook the chicken, add brown rice, broth, and broccoli. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until rice is tender.
Make this recipe dairy-free, by keeping out the cheddar cheese!
Chicken and Broccoli Rice
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 3 cups broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 chopped chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add chicken breast, salt, pepper and paprika. Cook for 3-4 minutes, add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add brown rice, broth, and broccoli. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shredded cheese!
Several people tried this white instant white rice and it works just as well.