What’s better than chicken taquitos? Super adorable mini chicken taquitos cooked in an
Can I substitute Colby Jack cheese for cheddar cheese?
You absolutely can! While we love using cheddar in this recipe because it’s so melty and yummy, you can swap it out for Colby Jack if you prefer. Colby Jack is slightly sweeter than cheddar, but it is fairly comparable! In fact, the distinct yellow color is proof of their similarity as it indicates the firmness. If you don’t have shredded cheddar cheese on hand, then feel free to use Colby Jack.
Alternatively, you could use a shredded Mexican cheese blend or even dairy free cheese! That’s right. If you have a dairy allergy or lactose intolerance (you’re not alone!) then you can totally adapt this recipe to be dairy free. Simply find your favorite shredded vegan cheese and use it in place of the cheddar.
Here is a quick homemade taco seasoning recipe!
You know that we are fans of ease, so you may be surprised that we don’t just go with store-bought taco seasoning. The pre-mixed taco packets are outrageously good, but trust us when we suggest you try making your own taco seasoning mix at home. These mini
Find the full recipe here. However, you’re just going to mix together:
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 3/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, fine
Then, you’ll use one tablespoon of the seasoning for this recipe. To keep this spice blend extra fresh, store it in an airtight container or jar in a cool, dry place.
How to make mini
air fryer chicken taquitos
- Mix the shredded rotisserie chicken, whipped cream cheese, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and one tablespoon taco seasoning together.
- Fill mini tortillas with one heaping tablespoon of filling, then roll them up!
- Cook in
air fryerat 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, and fresh corn salsa.
How to store leftovers
You’ll want to store the taquitos themselves separately from the garnishes, and put everything in airtight sealed containers in the fridge. The taquitos will keep for up to three days, and when it comes time to reheat them, you can place them back in the
If you love these mini
air fryer chicken taquitos, we have great news for you!
- These Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets are our favorite. This is such a nostalgic treat and it is handheld!
- Our Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are similar to our chicken taquitos in flavor and ease of cooking. They are oh so yummy, you won’t regret trying this recipe!
- Is there anything better than Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings? We think not!
- If you’re in the mood for more tacos, look no further than our Baked Chicken Tacos. The filling is delicious, easy to make, and we have a low-carb friendly option in this recipe!
Mini Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- 1 cup cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or colby jack cheese)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (store bought or homemade. see note below)
- 3 large burritos cut into mini rounds with a larger round cookie cuter or use 4-6 small soft tortillas
- Mix chicken, whipped cream cheese, green onions, shredded cheddar, and one tablespoon taco seasoning together.
- Fill mini tortillas with one tablespoon of filling, then roll.
- Cook in air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomatoes, sour cream, cotija cheese and salsa.