This baked Million Dollar
Why We Love Million Dollar
Is there anything better than a big plate of warm spaghetti after a long day? Seriously, it’s the ultimate comfort food we grew up loving as kids and still enjoy now that we’re grown! Plus, it’s super easy to make and always budget-friendly. However, just when we thought traditional
- Budget-friendly: Not only is the ingredient list minimal, but it’s also full of low-cost pantry staples you probably already have on hand.
- Perfect for a crowd: This recipe makes A LOT of food.
- Great for
meal prep: It’s easy to store and save for tasty meals throughout the week.
- Delicious: Named appropriately, this
spaghettivariation truly does taste like it’s worth a million bucks!
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredient list for this million dollar
- Spaghetti Noodles: Feel free to swap out the
spaghettinoodles with any other pasta shape you have on hand. Just be sure to cook them to al dente as they will be baked again.
- Flavor Enhancers: Fresh garlic cloves and dried Italian herbs enhance the flavors of this dish for that classic
- Oil: We prefer to use an extra light virgin olive oil to coat the noodles, but you could use regular olive oil or even avocado oil if you prefer.
- Eggs: A good source of protein and fat, these help bind the ingredients to create a casserole consistency and allow for easy slicing.
- Meat: We used ground beef, but ground turkey or even chicken could be used, too. Or, for a vegetarian recipe, you could omit it completely.
- Cheese: A combination of full-fat cream cheese, Mozzarella, and Parmesan makes this million dollar
spaghettirecipe to die for.
- Sour Cream: This adds a nice tang and creates a creamier filling.
- Marinara Sauce: To save time, we use a store-bought sauce, but you could easily make your own with a recipe like this!
How to Make Million Dollar Baked
A cross between
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked
spaghettinoodles, olive oil, garlic, eggs, and dried herbs until everything is well combined.
- In a second bowl, mix the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- Spread half the noodles in a baking dish followed by the sour cream and half of the meat mixture. Dollop the cream cheese on top followed by half of the Mozzarella. Continue layering with the remaining noodles, meat mixture, and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has begun to brown and is bubbling.
Make Ahead and Freezing Options
If you want to prepare this million dollar
Make Ahead: Combine all of the ingredients in a baking dish. Then, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and store it in the fridge for up to 1 day. Then, when you’re ready to eat, just pop it in the oven, and dinner is ready in minutes!
Refrigerate: Bake your
Freeze: Prepare your
Reheat: To warm your million dollar
Thanks to the yummy layers, this baked million dollar
- Oven baked
spaghettimay not be authentic, but it went viral for a reason! It’s quick, easy, and so delicious, too.
- Combine two of your favorite dinners into one with this Spaghetti Pizza Bake.
- Not your average
spaghettibake recipe, this Spaghetti Arrabiata Bake is savory, spicy, and so easy to make.
- Rich and creamy, this One Pot
SpaghettiCarbonara is loaded with bacon and peas and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Million Dollar Spaghetti
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles (cooked al-dente and slightly cooled)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef (cooked)
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (grated and divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles, olive oil, garlic, eggs, and dried herbs until everything is well combined.
- In a second bowl, combine the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- In an 11x7 baking dish, add half the noodle mixture. Then, spread the sour cream on top followed by half of the meat mixture. Scatter the cream cheese on top along with half of the mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with the remaining noodles, meat mixture, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.