We love make ahead meals. This can be prepped ahead of time and baked before dinner. Perfect for meal prepping on the weekends. This recipe also makes two skillets, you can make one and freeze another!
Skillet Lasagna Rolls
- 18 lasagna noodles cooked al-dente
- 16 oz lean ground beef
- 24 oz jarred marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 15 oz whole-milk ricotta
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet add ground beef, cook until browned. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika. Stir and cook for a couple minutes until fragrant. Add marinara sauce. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Italian parsley. Stir until everything is combined well.
- Spread a couple tablespoons over each of the cooked lasagana noodles. Add a couple tablespoons of the ragu mixture. Roll.
- In two 12-inch skillets and 1/4 of the remaining ragu mixture, just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet. Add the rolls, laying them seam side down. Top with a spoon over ragu sauce over each roll, cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.