Have you ever craved lasagna but didn’t want to make a full batch? Let us introduce you to your new favorite recipe with this Microwave Mug Lasagna. It has all the flavor and texture you love about oven baked lasagna with the ease and convenience of a single-serving microwave recipe!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Microwe Mug Lasagna
- From start to finish, it’s prepared and ready to eat in less than 5 minutes.
- 8 ingredients are all you need.
- Cleanup is a breeze.
- It’s vegetarian and can easily be customized to fit your dietary needs.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this microwave lasagna, we stuck with classic vegetarian ingredients, keeping the list short and sweet. Here’s what you need:
- Cheese – A combination of ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan makes for the gooiest most delicious mug lasagna you’ll ever taste! For the best results, we recommend using full-fat cheese, but any percentage will do.
- Marinara Sauce – We like to save time and use store-bought marinara sauce. However, if you’re feeling ambitious, you can definitely make your own homemade marinara!
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper help enhance the rest of the ingredients, adding savory flavor.
- Noodles – Full-sized lasagna noodles are used for the base of the dish.
How to Make Microwave Mug Lasagna
The ultimate no-fuss recipe, this easy microwave lasagna comes together in minutes for a satisfying comfort food whenever a craving strikes.
- Create the Filling. In a bowl, combine the Ricotta, Parmesan, and seasonings, stirring until they’re well combined.
- Layer the Lasagna. Spoon ½ the mixture over one of the noodles. Lay a second sheet on top, and repeat. Add a third lasagna noodle on top, and carefully roll the stack up!
- Top. In a large microwave-safe mug, add a dollop of marinara sauce and cheese. Place the lasagna roll upright on top, and add the remaining marinara and mozzarella on top.
- Cook. Microwave the lasagna on high until the cheese is bubbly.
*Pro-Tip: Place a plate under your mug in case any of the lasagna overflows!
The beautiful thing about this mug lasagna is that it’s the perfect single-serving meal on its own! However, if you want to get a little fancy, it also pairs well with sides and appetizers like:
- Garlic Caprese Bread
- Spiraled Cucumber Yogurt Salad
- Greek Salad
- Whipped Feta with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Common Questions About Microwave Mug Lasagna
Every microwave is different, but we’ve found that 2-3 minutes is usually plenty of time for your mug lasagna to cook completely!
If you want to double this microwave lasagna recipe, we recommend using two mugs and cooking them separately or doubling the microwave time.
Sure! Add protein like cooked ground beef or turkey to the cheese filling, and layer it between the lasagna noodles.
This recipe is best enjoyed right away as the noodles can tend to get a little chewy. However, if you want to make it in advance, it can be stored covered and stored in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Absolutely! Just use your favorite gluten-free noodles.
More Lasagna Recipes
Looking for more easy lasagna recipes? Try out some of our family favorites below!
Microwave Mug Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 3 lasagna noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a bowl, add the Ricotta, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Smooth ½ the mixture over a single lasagna sheet.
- Add a second lasagna noodle on top, and spread the rest of the ricotta mixture over it.
- Top the mixture with a third lasagna noodle, and roll the noodles into themselves to form a spiral.
- In a large microwave-safe mug, add ¼ cup of marinara sauce and ¼ cup of Mozzarella. Place the lasagna roll on top, and top it with the remaining marinara and cheese.
- Place the mug on top of a microwave-safe plate, and microwave on high 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve warm topped with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.