Make this One Pot Lasagna Pasta in just 15 minutes! Simple ingredients combine and bake in the oven in minutes with no boiling, layering, or waiting required. Serve alongside a healthy salad and warm bread for an unbelievably delicious dinner recipe.
Why You’ll Love This One Pot Lasagna Pasta
Have you ever tried to make traditional oven-baked lasagna? Yeah, so have we, and honestly, we’re not huge fans. Sure, it’s tasty, but it’s so hard to make! Not to mention, it takes pretty much all day. So, instead, we much prefer to transform traditional lasagna with quick alternatives like this Easy Lasagna in a Mug or our favorite Honeycomb Lasagna. However, we didn’t stop there! With comfort food season just around the corner, we thought it was time we made a family-friendly one pot lasagna dish! It’s:
- Ready in just 15 minutes
- Made with minimal ingredients
- Creamy, comforting, and indulgent
- Just as tasty as traditional lasagna with half the work
Ingredients You’ll Need
Unlike traditional pasta which requires a million ingredients, we reduced this recipe down to just the basics. As a result, it’s easy to prepare and more budget-friendly. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lasagnette Rice Pasta – If you’ve never seen lasagnette pasta, it’s individual pasta noodles that resemble long sheets of lasagna. However, any similarly shaped pasta noodle like Campanelle will work.
- Homemade Bolognese Sauce – For the richest flavor, we prefer to make homemade bolognese like we did with this recipe. Yet, if you’re in a pinch for time a high-quality storebought version will work just as well.
- Water or Broth – We love to use chicken or veggie broth for richer-tasting pasta, but water is totally fine, too.
- Salt and Pepper – Season according to your preferences!
- Whole Milk Ricotta and Low-Moisture Mozzarella – You can’t have lasagna without a hearty dose of cheese! For the creamiest texture and most indulgent flavor, we combine rich whole milk ricotta with low-moisture mozzarella.
How to Make One Pot Lasagna
Once you learn how easy this one pot lasagna recipe is to make, you’ll never go back to the complicated oven-baked version again! Just follow the steps below, and dinner will be on the table in no time.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the Ricotta and Mozzarella to a large pot.
- Stir, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Then, cover the pot, and continue to cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the cheese until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Pro-Tip: If you want to bulk up this recipe, feel free to stir in a bit of ground beef or sausage!
For a family-friendly dinner, we love to pair this lasagna pasta with sides and appetizers like:
Can I Make One Pot Lasagna Ahead of Time?
Yes! In fact, we highly recommend making a double batch for easy meals to enjoy throughout the week. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or, freeze it for up to 3 months.
To reheat, just pop your thawed lasagna pasta it in the microwave for a minute or two. Or, warm it in the oven at 375° Fahrenheit until heated through.
More One Pot Pasta Recipes
If you’re obsessed with one pot pasta dishes like us, you won’t want to miss out on these!
- Our One Pot Chicken Tetrazzini is so decadent and rich you’ll find yourself transported back to early 20th century San Francisco!
- Made with minimal ingredients, One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta is a family-friendly recipe ready in minutes.
- This saucy One Pot Pasta Puttanesca is packed with flavors for a crowd-pleasing meal.
- If you love a warm spinach and artichoke dip, this easy One Pot Spinach and Artichoke Pasta is just the recipe for you!
One Pot Lasagna Pasta
- 16 ounces lasagnette ricce pasta or similar shape (uncooked)
- 20 ounces homemade bolognese sauce
- 6 Tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water or broth
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, add uncooked pasta, bolognese, garlic, salt, pepper, and water.
- Stir to combine. Then, bring the liquid to a boil.
- Cover, and cook 10-12 minutes or until pasta is al-dente.
- Stir in the Ricotta and Mozzarella until well-combined.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!