Table of Contents
The Best Crockpot Lasagna Soup Recipe
We love lasagna but don’t particularly enjoy the complicated steps or how long it takes to make. So, we’re always looking for ways to enjoy the comforting, savory flavors without putting in all that work with recipes like our easy one pot lasagna and baked lasagna rolls.
However, this homemade crockpot lasagna might take the cake when it comes to easy, delicious comfort food! Cozy and flavorful, it’s like a hug in a bowl.
Plus, unlike traditional lasagna recipes, this soup variation is:
- Made with minimal prep time.
- Easy to clean up.
- A “set-it-and-forget-it” meal you can prep in the morning and come back to dinner waiting for you.
Essential Ingredients for Easy Crockpot Lasagna Soup
You’ll find all the classic lasagna ingredients in this soup recipe.
- Seasonings – Dried oregano, kosher salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and fresh basil create a bold, savory taste.
- Ground Beef – We recommend using a lean variety! If preferred, ground turkey or ground chicken will also work.
- Broth – Use low-sodium beef broth to cook the noodles and create a broth. If needed, vegetable broth or chicken broth can also be used.
- Marinara Sauce – Use your favorite canned variety from your local grocery store.
- Vegetables – Canned tomatoes, onion, and garlic enhance the savory flavor with a sweet, pungent taste.
- Lasagna Noodles – Use dried lasagna noodles, and break them into bite-sized pieces. If needed, gluten-free varieties can be used. Just keep a close eye on them so they don’t become mushy!
Deconstructed Delight: Crafting Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Once you see how quick it is to make this crockpot lasagna soup recipe, you’ll never go back to layered baked versions again!
- Brown the meat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the beef, breaking it into pieces until it’s no longer pink. Drain the excess fat.
- Sauté the aromatics. Add the onion to the skillet with the beef, and sauté until translucent. Stir in the minced garlic, and cook just until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the ingredients. Transfer the beef mixture to the crockpot, and add the remaining salt, black pepper, broth, marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and cheese rind. Stir to combine. Then, add the lasagna noodles, stirring to distribute them evenly.
- Cook. Cover the crockpot, and cook until the noodles are soft and the liquid thickens.
- Combine the cheese. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, Mozzarella, parmesan, and dried oregano.
- Serve. Ladle the soup into bowls, add a generous dollop of the cheese mixture on top, garnish with basil leaves, and enjoy warm!
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover lasagna soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three to four days. Or, freeze leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Reheat straight from the freezer or thawed in the microwave or in a pot over medium heat. Add a splash of water or broth as needed to freshen the soup back up!
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Pasta and Beans Soup
- Crockpot Potato Soup
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 28 ounces crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind (optional)
- 8 ounces (8 to 10 sheets) dried lasagna noodles, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown the lean ground beef over medium-high heat until it’s no longer pink, breaking it apart into crumbles as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.1 pound lean ground beef
- Add the diced onion to the skillet with the cooked beef and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.1 small onion, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Transfer the cooked beef, onion, and garlic mixture to the crockpot.4 cloves garlic
- Add the remaining kosher salt and black pepper, low-sodium beef broth, marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Add the parmesan cheese rind, if using.6 cups low-sodium beef broth, 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce, 28 ounces crushed canned tomatoes, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- Stir to combine.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the crockpot with the other ingredients. Stir them in to ensure they are well-distributed in the soup.8 ounces (8 to 10 sheets) dried lasagna noodles, broken into bite-size pieces
- Cover the crockpot, and set it to cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat for 6-8 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the soup to simmer and thicken.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the cheese mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and dried oregano.1 cup ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Once the lasagna noodles are tender and the soup is ready, ladle the hot soup into serving bowls. Spoon a generous dollop of the cheese mixture on top of each serving.
- Garnish each bowl of Lasagna Soup with fresh basil leaves.Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.