It’s fall and we are all about soups and comfort food. This soup is so hearty and so easy to make. All you need is a slow cooker.
We like our soup to be more on the smoother side. If you like a chunkier soup, don’t mash it down too much.
- Crockpot™ Design Series Slow Cooker
- 8-10 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1 medium diced yellow onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth or broth of choice
- 1 tbsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp water
- green onions, bacon, and shredded cheese for garnish
- Peel and chop your potatoes in 1-inch cubes. In your slow cooker add potatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours.
- Gently mash with a potato masher, feel free to mash a little less or more, depending on your desired texture.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water. Pour into the soup, add sour cream, greek yogurt, and cheese. Stir until combined and creamy. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with turkey bacon, sour cream, and scallions!
You do have options if you do not have a slow cooker.
Recipe for a stovetop version-
In a pot over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions, and sautè until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, potatoes and broth. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
Gently mash the potatoes until desired texture. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water. Pour into the soup, add sour cream, greek yogurt, and cheese. Stir until combined and creamy.