You all know that we love simple recipes, if you tried our No Knead Focaccia Bread Art, then this cheesy focaccia is a must try!
The secret ingredient to this focaccia bread (drum roll) is frozen dinner rolls, yes, we said it, frozen dinner rolls! We love that this bread can be customized to your liking and topped with all of your favorite toppings!
Since this recipe uses frozen dinner rolls, you don’t have to spend time making homemade dough. Some people are great at bread making, but we don’t have the patience for it! Unless you have some secret easy bread recipe you’d like to share with us, we will continue to use frozen dough!
What is Focaccia Bread
Just to give you a little background on Focaccia (pronounced fo-kah-cha), it is a flat bread similar to pizza dough that you can make either sweet or savory. It originates in the providence of Liguria in Italy. Liguria is the best known region for their classic focaccia, which is called “classica” in Genoa. Typically it is flattened to about 1/2 to 1 inch thick, with indentations throughout the whole surface. Focaccia bread has a lot of herbs and olive oil with cheese and other toppings as a garnish.
How to make this no-knead focaccia bread
As you read, focaccia definitely requires a few steps, that’s why we love using frozen dinner rolls.
Thaw: In a buttered or greased 13×9 baking dish, arrange the frozen dinner rolls. Making sure to leave about 1/2 inches in between each roll. With a pastry brush, brush the tops of the roll with a little olive oil. Cover with saran wrap and let rise for about 4-5 hours or
Olive Oil: Now comes the fun part of making focaccia, drizzle with olive oil on top of the dough and creating indentations with your fingers.
Toppings: Top the bread with garlic, shredded cheeses, and herbs. Give it a little sprinkle of salt and pepper to the top. Get creative and make a pretty design with the toppings!
Bake: Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Careful not to over bake as it will dry out! Cut into strips.
How to serve this focaccia bread
This would be great served with a side of warm marinara sauce.
No Knead Cheesy Focaccia Bread
- 14-16 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shavings
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 1 spring fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large buttered 13x9 baking dish arrange 14-16 frozen dinner rolls, leaving approximately 1/2 inch space between each roll. Lightly brush each frozen roll with a little bit of olive oil. Cover with saran wrap and light rise for 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the bread has risen to double remove the saran wrap.
- Now comes the fun part of making focaccia, drizzle with olive oil on top of the dough and creating indentations with your fingers.
- Top the bread with garlic, shredded cheeses, and herbs. Give it a little sprinkle of salt and pepper to the top. Get creative and make a pretty design with the toppings!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Careful not to overbake! Serve warm.