One Pot Caprese Pasta
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium diced onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup good quality jarred marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 oz capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz Rummo Fusilli pasta, uncooked or similar shape
- 2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese omit for a non-dairy recipe!
- fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot add tomatoes, onion, garlic, pasta, marinara, salt, pepper, olive oil, basil, capers, and broth.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Stir in the fresh mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil.