This quick dinner recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes! This is a life saver on busy weeknights!
What is Caprese?
Caprese is an Italian-style salad that consists of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and lots of fresh basil. We took all these flavors and turned them into a one pot pasta!
One Pot Pasta
We can’t get over how easy a one pot pasta is. You essentially dump all the ingredients in a pot and cook. No boiling the pasta required. It’s great for a busy weeknight meal.
How to make this One Pot Pasta
In a large pot add tomatoes, onion, garlic, pasta, marinara, salt, pepper, olive oil, basil, capers, and broth.
Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Stir in the fresh mozzarella cheese and garnish with fresh basil. It’s THAT easy!
Feel free to add a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
One Pot Caprese Pasta
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium diced onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup good quality jarred marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 oz capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz Rummo Fusilli pasta, uncooked or similar shape
- 2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese omit for a non-dairy recipe!
- fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot add tomatoes, onion, garlic, pasta, marinara, salt, pepper, olive oil, basil, capers, and broth.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Stir in the fresh mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil.
If you love this caprese pasta, try our Turkey Caprese Sandwich. It’s easy and great for meal prep!
When reheating a one pot pasta, you need to add liquid in order to loosen it up. For this recipe we add a splash of broth, give it a stir then heat in the microwave. You can always add another splash if it still needs to loosen up.
If you are looking for a dairy free recipe- omit the mozzarella cheese or substitute for your favorite vegan cheese.
If you want to add a protein. Cooked shredded chicken or shrimp can be added once the pasta is cooked!
This pasta is great served with a side of vegetables or a salad.
If you don’t have a heavy a pot like this one. Feel free to use any 4 qt. pot.