Coated in herbs, seared in the skillets, and smothered with a rich, creamy sauce, this Creamy Herb Chicken is a simple dinner recipe bursting with flavor. Pair it with all your favorite sides for a meal no one can resist!
Why We Love This Creamy Herb Chicken
Chicken recipes are always an easy go-to when we don’t know what to make for dinner. After all, from chicken broccoli rotini, to chicken shawarma, and everything in between, there are always endless options to choose from. However, while we love all our different recipes, we find ourselves making this Creamy Herb Chicken again and again…and again. Not only is it one meal the whole family agrees on, but it’s also:
- Quick to make
- Super versatile
- Easy to make ahead of time
- And loaded with fresh flavor and a satisfying texture!
Which Herbs and Spices Pair Well With Creamy Chicken?
Honestly, there’s not much that doesn’t go well with creamy chicken. From warm spices like cinnamon and paprika to fresh herbs like cilantro and basil, you really can’t go wrong! However, some of our favorite herbs and spices to use include:
- Garlic powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh and Dried Rosemary
Flavor-Boosting Tip: For the absolute best chicken, try to use the freshest herbs you can!
How to Make Herb Chicken in the Skillet
This herb chicken is so rich and creamy, that you aren’t going to believe how unbelievably quick it is to make. Just follow the steps below, and dinner will be on the table in less than 20 minutes!
- Coat the chicken with seasonings.
- Sear chicken on both sides until just browned.
- Create the creamy sauce by adding the ingredients to the pan, starting with olive oil, paprika, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and parsley. Then, stir in the milk followed by cornstarch that has been dissolved in water and a bit of lemon juice and zest.
- Return the chicken to the pan, coating it in the sauce.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top, add a bit of rosemary, and enjoy!
Tips for Perfectly Cooked Chicken
No one likes dried-up chicken! To make sure yours stay plump and juicy, take a look at a few of our top tips.
Get the Skillet HOT. The key to locking in moisture is to get the skillet super hot and letting the chicken breasts brown for just a minute. This locks in their natural juices, making them extra tender and delicious.
Use a Meat Thermometer. The best way to ensure you don’t overcook your chicken is to use a meat thermometer to check that it is done. You want to pull it off the skillet when an internal temperature of 160° Fahrenheit has been reached.
Let It Rest. Let your creamy chicken rest at room temperature for roughly 15 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows their natural juices to circulate, keeping the entire breast soft and moist.
How to Store Leftovers
For easy dinners all week long, go ahead and whip up a big batch of this herb chicken! Leftovers store well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. However, we don’t recommend freezing them, because the dairy won’t thaw and reheat well!
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more family-friendly chicken recipes? Take a look at a few of our favorites below!
- An Italian classic, this Marry Me Chicken is guaranteed to knock your socks off!
- Fresh tomatoes, creamy Mozzarella, and refreshing basil combine to create an out-of-this-world Bruschetta Baked Chicken, turning everyone’s favorite salad into a complete meal.
- Skip the restaurant wait, and make your own Chicken Tikka Masala at home with this simple recipe!
- A little sweet, a little spicy, and totally delicious, this Simple Orange Chicken is a kid-friendly dish that tastes just like your favorite takeout.
Creamy Herb Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (sliced in half and pounded thin)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- fresh rosemary (for garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil.
- Cook chicken on both sides, ust just until browned. Remove from pan.
- Return the pan and set on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and parsley. Stir for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add milk and turn the heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add to the sauce.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Return the chicken back to the pan. Make sure it is covered in the sauce.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with as much or as little parmesan cheese as you like and garnish with fresh rosemary!