This boursin cheese pasta bake is our take on the viral TikTok recipe. Creamy Boursin cheese combined with pasta, tomatoes, and spinach in a creamy herb sauce. Baked in minutes, it’s rich, flavorful, and so easy to make!
Table of Contents
What Is Boursin Cheese Pasta?
Boursin cheese pasta is a type of pasta bake made with herbaceous Boursin cheese as the main ingredient. The recipe combines a block of Boursin in a dish and melts it in the oven.
The pasta and veggies cook while the cheese melts, becoming tender. By the end of the process, you’re left with tender pasta noodles, bold, savory flavor, and a delectable creamy cheese sauce.
It’s essentially a one-dish meal that can be served on its own or with your favorite sides!
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details and nutrition information.
- Boursin Cheese – This is a type of soft creamy cheese typically flavored with garlic and herbs. Find it in the deli section of most grocery stores.
- Pasta – We prefer to use penne or rigatoni, but any pasta shape you like best will work.
- Garlic – Fresh cloves are best.
- Veggies – Cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach add a pop of color and extra nutrients.
- Olive Oil – This helps caramelize the veggies while adding peppery flavor.
- Seasonings – Red pepper flakes, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper create a bold, savory taste with just a touch of heat.
- Parmesan Cheese – If possible, use a block of parmesan, and grate it yourself. Pre-grated varieties contain anti-caking agents that prevent them from melting.
- Heavy Cream – This helps cook the pasta and creates a rich, creamy sauce.
Skip the Boiling When You Make This Cheesy Boursin Pasta Bake
Preheat your oven before you begin!
- Combine the ingredients. Place the Boursin cheese block in the center of a large baking dish. Arrange the uncooked pasta, garlic, and tomatoes around the cheese. Then, drizzle olive oil on top.
- Combine the seasonings. Mix the red pepper flakes, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pasta and cheese.
- Bake. Gently toss to combine and coat the ingredients in the baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake until the pasta is al dente and the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir in the fresh spinach until it wilts. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly on top.
- Bake again. Transfer the uncovered dish back to the oven. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Feel free to mix and match different ingredients to make this boursin cheese pasta recipe your own!
- Swap the boursin. Replace the Boursin block with a block of feta cheese instead.
- Add protein. Mix in your favorite protein such as chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, or shrimp to make this recipe even more filling.
- Incorporate different veggies. Add to or replace the tomatoes and spinach with veggies like onions, broccoli, or mushrooms.
Can I Store Leftovers?
This recipe is best served right away. However, if needed, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat the pasta in the microwave or covered in the oven just until warm.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe as the dairy won’t thaw well!
Common Questions About This Boursin Pasta Bake
Boursin cheese is milky, sweet, and fairly light on its own. Most varieties are flavored with herbs and spices that give it a bold, garlicky taste.
Yes, on its own Boursin cheese is typically served cold. However, it’s completely safe to heat!
Boursin cheese is similar in taste and texture to cream cheese, but the two are not quite the same.
More Pasta Bake Recipes
- Caprese Baked Orzo Pasta
- Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Boursin Orzo Bake
- Greek Pasta Bake
- Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Bake
Boursin Cheese Pasta
- 1 Boursin cheese block
- 1 pound uncooked pasta penne, rigatoni, or shape of choice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to spice preference
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- In a large baking dish, place the Boursin cheese block in the center.1 Boursin cheese block
- Add the uncooked pasta, minced garlic, halved cherry tomatoes (for best results), and broth to the baking dish with the Boursin cheese. Drizzle the olive oil on top.1 pound uncooked pasta, 4 cloves garlic, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 cups broth
- In a separate bowl, combine the red pepper flakes, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, Salt and black pepper to taste, 2 cups fresh spinach
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the pasta and cheese.
- Pour the heavy cream and broth over the pasta mixture.1/2 cup heavy cream
- Gently toss everything in the baking dish to ensure that the pasta and ingredients are coated evenly with the cheese and cream.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the cherry tomatoes are soft.
- Remove the foil and stir in the fresh spinach until it wilts and combines with the pasta.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Return the uncovered dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Serve immediately, and enjoy the delicious Boursin cheese pasta bake with cherry tomatoes!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.