Inspired by oven-baked
What Is Mediterranean
Inspired by the flavors of our childhood, Mediterranean
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
We love pasta recipes in all their shapes and sizes. However, meals don’t get much better than this Mediterranean
- Bakes in a single dish with no boiling required.
- Uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
- Is naturally vegetarian and nut-free and can easily be modified to fit a variety of dietary needs.
- Makes up to 8 servings in a single batch, making it perfect for even the hungriest of crowds.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This vegetarian dish is full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber to keep you satisfied and full! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Pasta – Use any kind of raw
spaghettinoodles you like best.
- Sauce – To save time, we use a store-bought marinara sauce. However, if you’re feeling up to it, you could also make your own!
- Vegetables – Baby tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garlic, and red onions combine not only to create a pretty appearance but also to provide a tangy, savory, and vibrant flavor.
- Olives – Kalamata and green olives combine to add a pop of texture, a briny, salty flavor, and satiating fats.
- Seasonings – Oregano or Italian seasoning (depending on how strong your marinara sauce is), salt, and pepper are all you need to enhance the savory flavors of the rest of the dish.
- Olive Oil – This simply helps combine the ingredients and prevents the pasta from clumping together.
How to Make Oven Baked Mediterranean
If you’ve never made oven baked
- Combine. Add all the ingredients to a large baking dish, and toss to combine.
- Bake. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake for about 20 minutes. Then, remove the dish from the oven, stir the ingredients, and cover it back up. Continue to bake until the
spaghettiis al dente.
- Garnish. Sprinkle feta cheese on top along with a sprinkle of parsley, and serve warm!
- Add Protein. To make this recipe even more filling try mixing in protein options like sautéed shrimp, tuna, salmon, chicken, or even Italian sausage!
- Make It Gluten-Free. Swap out the regular
spaghettiwith your favorite gluten-free variety.
- Need a Vegan Option? Simply omit the garnish of feta cheese.
- Spice It Up. Add a dash of red pepper flakes into the mix for a hint of extra heat.
And don’t forget to top your meal off with a hazelnut chocolate lava cake or a slice of chocolate brownie pizza tart for dessert!
How to Store and Reheat
We love to make a double batch of this Mediterranean
- Refrigerator: Once cooked and fully cooled, leftovers can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: For a longer-lasting option, wrap your dish tightly. Or transfer it to a freezer-safe container, and keep it frozen for up to 1 month.
- To Reheat: Thaw your frozen
spaghettiin the fridge overnight. Then, warm it up in the microwave. Or, pop it back in the oven with a splash of broth or water to freshen it back up.
Looking for more fun ways to use
- Spaghetti Arrabiata Bake
- Easy Baked Million Dollar
Oven Baked Mediterranean Spaghetti
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles (uncooked)
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: feta cheese and parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a large baking dish, add all the ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Stir the ingredients, cover, and continue to bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Top with feta cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.