Capturing the essence of Mediterranean flavors, our Spinach Olive Dip is a warm, cheesy dish loaded with savory goodness and nutrients. Pair it with pita, crackers, or veggies for an effortless appetizer or snack that’s sure to win over everyone’s taste buds!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Spinach Olive Dip Recipe
You already know we’re huge fans of olives! From whipped feta with roasted olives, to olive cheese bread, and even olive tapenade, we’re always adding them to recipes. So, it only made sense to transform them into a dip! One bite, and you’ll be hooked. Here are just a few reasons why:
- All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl and add them to a skillet.
- It bakes in less than 30 minutes.
- Creamy and cheesy, it’s super comforting yet full of nutrients, too.
- One batch makes enough to serve a crowd for game nights, Super Bowl parties, and even afternoon snacks.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Creating the best-ever spinach olive dip is a breeze with these super simple ingredients that come together for a flavor explosion! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – Plain, full-fat cream cheese forms the base of the dip creating a creamy texture and a slightly tangy taste.
- Veggies – Frozen spinach and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil combine to add extra nutrients, color, and flavor to the dip.
- Garlic – Enhances the savory taste.
- Sour Cream – This makes for an even tangier flavor and smoother, creamy texture. Mayonnaise could also be used in its place.
- Cheese – Feta and Mozzarella make this recipe ultra creamy and unbelievably satisfying.
- Olives – Any olives you like best will taste great!
How to Make Spinach Olive Dip
In the realm of quick and easy recipes, this spinach olive dip takes the crown — it’s always guaranteed to please!
- Drain the Spinach. It’s super important to thaw your spinach and drain it really well, removing all of the excess water. Otherwise, your dip will be soggy!
- Combine the Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and feta until smooth. Then, stir in the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives.
- Bake. Add the mixture to an oven-safe skillet, and top with the remaining cheese. Place the dip in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the mixture is bubbly. Serve right away while it’s still warm!
Serve this spinach olive dip as you would any other appetizer with pita bread, crusty bread, chips, pretzels, and veggie sticks. Or, use it to top baked chicken or fish!
We do not recommend freezing this spinach olive dip as the dairy will not thaw well so the consistency will not remain the same. However, if you have leftovers or want to prepare it in advance, it can be covered or placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
When you’re ready to eat, just pop it in the microwave in 30-second intervals until it is heated through!
More Tasty Dip Recipes
Whether you’re hosting a party or just on the search for new snack ideas, you won’t want to miss out on a variety of our favorite dips below!
- Slow Cooker Queso
- Warm Feta Dip with Marinated Olives
- Creamy Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip)
Spinach Olive Dip
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup olives chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thaw and drain the spinach, removing all excess moisture.10 ounces frozen spinach
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese, and feta until smooth. Stir in the spinach, garlic, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.1 block cream cheese, ⅓ cup sour cream, 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup feta crumbles, ½ cup olives, ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, 2 cloves garlic
- Pour the mixture into a 10-12 inch skillet. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dip is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.