The next charcuterie board craze, butter boards are all the rage! This baklava butter recipe is sweet, salty, and perfect for feeding a crowd. Whip it up in minutes for holidays, gameday, and everything in between!
What Is a Butter Board?
As the name suggests, a butter board is literally a board full of butter. A fun take on classic charcuterie boards, they’re a better way to serve bread and butter to a crowd. Load up your favorite serving board with various types of butter, bread, crackers, and cheese for a salty, savory appetizer that will have all your guests raving!
What Is Baklava?
Baklava is a traditional Greek dessert made up of layers of phyllo (filo) dough, honey, and chopped nuts. Sticky and sweet, it’s noted for its flaky texture and decadent taste. It looks intricate to create but is actually quite easy to make! We love to put fun twists on the traditional recipe with creations like our Baklava French Toast and Baklava Skillet Pancake.
How to Create a Butter Board
Basically, all you need to do to create a butter board is add butter to a wooden or plastic board. However, we have a few guidelines to ensure your appetizer is showstopping!
Use a Large Board. You’ll want to make sure you have plenty of room to spread your butter along with all the extra dipping items and spreads you might want to include.
Arrange the Butter. Whether you’re using one kind of butter as with our baklava butter recipe or combining multiple kinds, you’ll want to add them first as the central focus of the board.
Layer in Dipping Items. Fill in any gaps with veggies, pretzels, crackers, and pieces of bread for an Instagram-worthy presentation and easy snacking.
Add Garnishes and Herbs. Depending on the flavor profile you’re going for, add a sprinkle of fresh herbs, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of honey to complete your butter board.
Table of Contents
We love to serve this butter board with warm ciabatta pieces, but it’s fantastic with any crusty bread. Present it as an appetizer with your favorite mains for a showstopping spread! Some of our favorite options include:
More Crowd-Pleasing Appetizers You’ll Love
Whether you’re gearing up for the holiday season or just want something to snack on, these easy appetizers are just what you need!
- Savory and delicious, this Olive Tapenade Bruschetta is so easy to make ahead of time.
- Everyone’s favorite appetizer, these Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges are all about the seasoning!
- Indulgent, flavorful, and comforting, these Cheesy Garlic Knots are seriously life-changing.
- A healthier taste on a classic appetizer, these Air Fryer Mozzarella Cheese Sticks are a nostalgic snack.
Baklava Butter Board Recipe
- 1 pound unsalted or sea salted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- On a sheet pan, arrange the walnuts and pistachios in a single layer. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside to cool. NOTE: Use pre-roasted nuts to skip this step completely.
- Spread room temperature butter in a single later on a large serving board. Top with the roasted nuts, cinnamon, honey, and salt.
- Serve immediately with toasted ciabatta bread or a crusty bread of choice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.