Skip the takeout, and make this Homemade Whipped Feta Cheese Pizza at home instead! Ready in just over 30 minutes, it uses simple ingredients and is easy to customize for a comfort food recipe you can feel good about.
Table of Contents
Whip It Good! Why You’ll Love This Feta Cheese Pizza
Nothing beats a warm slice of pizza after a long day. However, take-out can be pricey, and we don’t always love all the ingredients and toppings.
So, we decided to make a homemade version with this feta cheese pizza instead! Sure to become your new favorite recipe, it is:
- Ready in less time than it takes to order delivery.
- Made with simple, nutritious ingredients.
- Easy to customize.
- Great for single-serving portions.
- Simple to make and a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
- Perfect for parties, family pizza night, and easy snacks.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This feta cheese pizza infuses classic Italian pizza with Mediterranean flavors using simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store. Here’s what we use:
- Feta Cheese – Crumbled, full-fat feta cheese works best.
- Cream Cheese – Used to enhance the creaminess of the texture and add a hint of tangy flavor.
- Yogurt – Plain yogurt or Greek yogurt helps combine the ingredients, creating a smooth, fluffy texture.
- Lemon Juice – The acidity cuts through some of the heaviness of the fats, creating a well-balanced flavor.
- Garlic – Use whole cloves, and mince them into tiny pieces for a sweet, savory flavor.
- Seasonings – Salt, black pepper, and Green Goddess seasoning create an herbaceous flavor that makes this feta pizza better than anything you’ll find in the store!
- Olive Oil – This is added to feta, creating a velvety texture and a rich taste. Plus, it adds a boost of healthy fats to keep you full!
- Pizza Crust – To keep this feta pizza super easy, we use pre-made Naan pizza crust. However, any pre-made crust or store-bought pizza dough will work.
- Pizza Toppings – We include fresh tomatoes, Manzanilla green olives, Kalamata olives, and low-moisture fresh Mozzarella cheese.
How to Make An Easy Whipped Feta Cheese Pizza
Because we use a pre-made crust, this feta cheese pizza comes together in minutes.
- Prepare the Whipped Feta. Add the tangy feta, cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings to the bowl of a food processor. Turn the food processor on low, and slowly add the oil as it runs. Continue to whip the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Top the Crust. Divide the whipped feta evenly among the pizza bases, spreading it out in an even layer. Sprinkle your toppings of choice on top.
- Bake. Arrange the feta cheese pizzas on a
parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and place it in a preheated oven. Let the pizzas bake until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown on top.
- Serve. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top, if desired. Then, dig in while it’s warm!
We kept this feta cheese pizza recipe fairly simple, but you can easily mix and match a variety of ingredients and different toppings to make any kind of pizza you like! For instance, try including:
- Different herbs and spices like Italian seasoning, Greek seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Protein like sausage, pepperoni, or chicken.
- Veggies such as bell peppers, mushrooms, fresh spinach, red onion, and artichoke hearts.
- Extra or different cheese such Parmesan cheese and fontina cheeses.
- Herbs like fresh basil, parsley, or oregano.
- Adding a base of tomato sauce or store-bought pizza sauce.
We’re not opposed to serving pizza as a complete meal on its own. However, if you want to bulk it, try pairing it with sides like:
- Green Goddess Salad
- Spiraled Cucumber Yogurt Salad
- Greek Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Cheesy Garlic Knots
- Garlic Caprese Bread
Common Questions About This Whipped Feta Cheese Pizza
This recipe is best enjoyed right away while it’s still warm. However, if you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To enjoy, warm them back up in a skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of olive oil to help the naan crisp back up.
Whipped feta is fresh, lemony, tangy, and slightly salty. As a result, it pairs well with all the toppings for a savory pizza that doesn’t leave you feeling weighed down.
Yes, swap out the naan with any gluten-free crust you like best.
Sure! To make this homemade pizza recipe lower in carbohydrates, swap out the Naan with a cauliflower crust instead.
More Pizza-Inspired Recipes
If you enjoy this whipped feta cheese pizza, you won’t want to miss out on more of our favorite pizza recipes below!
Whipped Feta Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ squeeze lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Green Goddess seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 6-inch pre-made Naan pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Manzanilla Green olives pitted
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 16 ounces low-moisture shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the feta cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, salt, and green goddess seasoning to the bowl of a food procesor.
- Turn on the food processor, and slowly pour in the olive oil as it runs, blending the ingredients until they’re smooth and fluffy.
- Divide the feta mixture among the pizza crusts, spreading it out in an even layer.
- Top each pizza with tomatoes, green and Kalamata olives, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the feta cheese pizzas to a baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts, if desired.
- Slice, and serve warm!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.