This pizza in a cup recipe was so good! I know what you are thinking, this is probably gross, but it really wasn’t! Sometimes you want something quick without all the fuss. I mean we do love a really gooey freshly baked pizza, who doesn’t!? BUT if you’re craving pizza, don’t want to order in, and definitely do not want a make a pizza from scratch, this is your answer! We made this in our Villeroy & Boch bowl or mug! Isn’t it amazing! If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour unbleached
- 6 tbsp whole milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce homemade or store bought
- 2 tbsp pepperoni slices cut into small little triangles
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper more or less to taste
- In a large 12-16 oz mug add flour, italian seasoning, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir just until everything is combined.
- Add milk, and olive oil. Stir and gently pat down to smoothen the top.
- Spread marinara sauce and top with both cheeses, pepperoni and add a extra sprinkle of Italian herbs.
- Microwave for 1-1.5 minute on high (depending on your microwave, we went with 1 minute.) Do not overcook otherwise the "dough" will be really dry! Let cool for a couple minutes before you dig in!
As long as you don’t over cook this, it will not be dry! You can customize it with your favorite toppings! We used our favorite pepperoni, Applegate Turkey Pepperoni! Slice it into little triangles and top with your favorite herbs! We used Penzey’s Italian Seasoning!