Pizza Pastry Braid
Easy puff pastry appetizer, filled with marinara, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni!
- 1 sheet puff pastry (frozen and slightly thawed)
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 6 slices low moisture mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp italian parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slightly thaw your puff pastry until it is easy to work with yet still cold. Open into a large rectangle. In the center add your marinara, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Cut 1-inch sections from the center out.
- Carefully cut off the top two and bottom two pieces.
- Fold the top piece down and start braiding, one piece at a time, overlapping and alternating. End with tucking in the bottom.
- In a small bowl add butter, parm, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Brush on top of the pastry braid.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!