- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup turkey pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degres F.
- On a cutting board. Place the chicken. slice down the middle. (If the chicken breast is really thick, after slicing it down the middle, pound it, to thin it a little bit.) Sprinkle some herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add a 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, a few pepperoni slices, and mozzarella cheese. Fold the chicken breast over. Repeat the seasonings.
- In a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, we used the T-Fal Heatmaster 10" skillet. Place the olive oil and the chicken. Sear both sides until browned. Pour the remaining marinara sauce to cover the chicken. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper.