Garlic Caprese Bread is slathered with rich garlic butter and topped with fresh sliced tomatoes, two types of cheese, and a balsamic glaze. Baked to crisp, golden perfection, it’s the ultimate crowd-pleasing appetizer or side dish!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Caprese Bread
It’s no secret that we love carbs. From lemon garlic parmesan pasta to crispy smashed potatoes, and more, we can never say no. However, our favorite way to indulge is with thick, crusty bread, and this caprese bread recipe is one of our all-time faves! Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s bursting with irresistible savory flavors.
- You can assemble it quickly, and it bakes in less than 30 minutes.
- Different toppings can be mixed and matched to satisfy all your tastebuds and preferences.
- It’s an excellent side dish or appetizer for holiday parties, weeknight dinners, and everything in between.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ultimate mashup, this garlic caprese bread combines two recipes into one! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Bread – We love Ciabatta bread, but any thick, crusty bread could be used. If needed, opt for gluten-free varieties.
- Butter – Unsalted butter is smeared on top of the bread to create a rich, decadent flavor.
- Parsley – The fresh flavor helps balance out the heaviness of the dish.
- Garlic – This is folded into the butter for a drool-worthy garlic bread base.
- Cheese – A combination of grated Parmesan and fresh Mozzarella makes for the cheesiest, gooiest, most delicious caprese flavor you’ll ever taste!
- Tomatoes – Any tomatoes you like best and have on hand can be used. We’ve found that medium varieties like Roma, Heirloom, or Plum work well because they’re easy to slice.
- Balsamic Glaze – To save time we use store-bought varieties, but you could also make your own with a recipe like this!
Feel free to go crazy and experiment with any toppings you like best! For instance, you could include items like:
- Pepperoni Slices
- Sliced Olives
- Sliced Peppers
- Red Onions
- Sliced Meat
- Fresh Herbs
How to Make the Best Caprese Bread
This recipe looks fancy, but it’s actually pretty simple to make!
- Butter the Bread. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan, mixing until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the bread.
- Layer. Add the tomato slices on top followed by slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake. Place the bread on a baking sheet, or arrange it directly on the baking rack, and bake until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
- Garnish. Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze on top followed by fresh parsley. Then, slice, and enjoy warm!
This bread can definitely be served on its own as a light meal or satisfying snack. However, if you really want to wow your guests, try serving it alongside all your favorite main courses like:
Caprese Bread Common Questions
As mentioned, we love to use Ciabatta bread. However, any thick bread like sourdough, Texas toast, or French bread will work. Just make sure it’s dense and thick enough to hold all the toppings without falling apart!
With traditional recipes, bruschetta is a mixture of tomato, basil, garlic, and olive oil served on slices of toasted bread. On the other hand, caprese is served as a salad with sliced tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves topped with balsamic and olive oil. This recipe combines both recipes into one hearty, flavorful dish.
This bread is best served fresh. However, if you have leftovers, they can be covered and kept in the fridge for up to 1 day.
More Savory Bread Recipes
Love bread as much as we do? You won’t want to miss out on these great recipes!
- Homemade Garlic Bread with Spinach and Artichokes
- No Knead Cheesy Focaccia Bread
- Olive Cheese Bread
- Easy Focaccia Recipe with Tomatoes
Garlic Caprese Bread
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 stick salted butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 12 slices fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic glaze to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan, mixing until smooth.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the bread.
- Top with tomato slices and cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp.
- Top with balsamic glaze and fresh basil. Serve warm.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.