Soft, fluffy, and delicious, this Slow Cooker Easy Focaccia Recipe has all the flavor of regular focaccia you love but takes half the time and way less work thanks to one secret ingredient. Serve it warm with all your favorite meals!
What Is Focaccia?
An Italian recipe, focaccia is a type of flat bread that is made with flour, oil, water, yeast, and salt. Typically, the dough is kneaded, left to rise for hours, and then baked in an oven. A popular street food, focaccia can be found being served both sweet and savory and is sometimes even stuffed with ingredients like sausage and cheese.
Is Focaccia Just Pizza Dough?
Although similar in taste, texture, and ingredients, they are not quite the same. You see, focaccia contains more yeast than pizza dough and is also often punctured before baking. This results in a much more moist and fluffy texture, similar to a bread loaf.
Surprisingly Easy Foccacia Ingredients
Unlike typical recipes, this easy focaccia ingredient list is super short and sweet. That’s because we skip the process of making our own dough and opt for dinner rolls instead! Yep, you read that right. Take a look at everything you’ll need:
- Dinner Rolls – Our secret ingredient and the key to making easy focaccia, using pre-made dinner rolls means the dough is already done for you. We recommend using simple rolls that have not been flavored with additional seasonings, and don’t forget to make sure they’re frozen! Otherwise, your focaccia will be hard and overcooked.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Not only does it add incredible savory flavor, but using olive oil also helps create the golden brown exterior we love.
- Herbs & Spices – For an out-of-this-world taste we include a handful of herbs and spices including rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Olives – Totally optional, we love to sprinkle in olives for a boost of healthy fats and flavor. We like black olives best, but feel free to experiment with whatever you have on hand!
How to Make This Easy Focaccia Recipe in the Slow Cooker
We grew up eating warm homemade focaccia and still love it to this day. However, with managing work, chasing after the kids, and just living life, we don’t have time to spend all day baking in the kitchen! So, we had to get a little creative to recreate our favorite recipes. Luckily, this slow cooker easy focaccia tastes just like the real deal and takes half the time and way less effort! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Line the slow cooker with
- Place the rolls in a single layer at the bottom, making sure they are not touching.
- Cover, and set on warm for 1.5-2 hours or until they are double in size.
- Drizzle the olive oil, and use your fingers to puncture the rolls.
- Sprinkle herbs, seasonings, and olives on top.
- Cook on high for 1 ½ hours. Then, turn the heat OFF for 30 minutes.
Trust us, you won’t have any leftovers. However, if you do, this easy focaccia recipe can be kept at room temperature or in the freezer!
Room Temperature: Store your bread in an airtight for up to 2-3 days!
Freezer: Slice your easy focaccia into individual pieces. Then, lay them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place them in the freezer for up to 2 hours. Next, wrap each portion in
To Reheat: We love to reheat this easy focaccia in the
Easy Focaccia Serving Suggestions
In all honesty, we eat this bread on its own – typically right out of the slow cooker! Seriously, it’s that good. However, if you want to make it a complete meal there’s not much it doesn’t pair well with. Some of our favorite options include:
- This Easy Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe makes for the perfect comfort food that’s vegetarian, too!
- Easy to prepare, low-carb, and plant-based, Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
- Made with minimal ingredients, One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta is a quick dinner that tastes like you were cooking all day!
- Bright, fresh, and flavorful, Caprese Pasta is ready in just 15 minutes for a dinner everyone will love.
More Easy Bread Recipes
- An easy focaccia hack, this No Knead Focaccia Bread Art looks great and tastes even better.
- No Knead Cheesy Focaccia Bread is irresistibly delicious and customizable to fit all your needs.
- Buttery, cheesy, salty, crispy, and so much more, this Olive Cheese Bread is unbelievably good!
- This Spinach and Artichoke Bread Ring is the perfect appetizer for game days, holidays, and more.
Slow Cooker Easy Focaccia Recipe
- 12-14 frozen dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper.
- Arrange the frozen dinner rolls in the bottom of the slow cooker, leaving space between them. NOTE: The smaller the slow cooker, the less rolls will be used.
- Cover and set on warm for 1 1/2-2 hours or until double in size.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and use fingers to press down the dough. Sprinkle herbs, seasonings, and olives on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Then, turn the slow cooker OFF, and let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the focaccia from the slow cooker, slice, and serve!