One Pot Three Cheese Pasta
Easy one pot pasta made with colorful pasta shells, three cheeses, and a crunchy panko topping!Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 16 oz pasta shells
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated and divided
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- In a deep skillet or heavy bottom pot add pasta, garlic, cheeses (reserve 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese), spices, butter, broth and milk.
- Give everything a stir and cover.
- On medium-high heat bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10. Half way through cooking give it a good stir to make sure the pasta does not stick together. Cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in reserved cheese. You may want to add a splash of milk if it needs a little more liquid. Smooth out the top.
- In a small bowl and bread crumbs and butter. Mix until the bread crumbs are moist from the butter.
- Top the pasta. Place on broil for 2-3 minutes until the top has browned.