Coated in a crisp Panko breading and baked to golden, tender perfection, these Parmesan Chicken Tenders are a flavorful, family-friendly recipe everyone will love! Serve them on their own as a satisfying snack or paired with all your favorite sides for a complete meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There’s nothing guaranteed to please a crowd quite like a fresh batch of chicken tenders. However, this recipe takes the standard version to the next level. There’s a reason why it’s one of our faves!
- Baked instead of fried
- Made with simple ingredients and warm spices
- Great to make ahead of time
- Kid-friendly and perfect for pairing with all your favorite sides
Ingredients You’ll Need
The ingredients needed for these oven-baked Parmesan chicken tenders are what you’d expect from a chicken recipe. However, we took the traditional version up a notch with the addition of savory species for a bold flavor that will have your guests licking their fingers and begging for more!
- Chicken – For easy preparation, we recommend buying already sliced chicken tenders. Or, you could opt for breasts and use a sharp knife to slice them into thin tenders.
- Breadcrumbs – We kept things simple with a Panko breadcrumb coating, but any breadcrumbs you like best can be used. If needed, opt for gluten-free varieties.
- Parmesan Cheese – This adds extra flavor to the chicken, making it out-of-this-world delicious.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose chicken is used to coat the chicken and create the crisp breading we all love. If preferred, a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour can be used in its place.
- Eggs – These are crucial for the breading to stick.
- Seasonings – A combination of salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder makes for the best bold, savory flavor.
How to Make Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Creating your own chicken tenders at home might seem intimidating, but it’s actually really easy to do!
- Prepare the Breading. Create a dredging station with 3 separate plates. On the first, add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another. Finally, pour the whisked eggs onto another, making sure they don’t spill over.
- Bread the Chicken. Season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper. Then, dip them in the flour mixture, making sure they’re completely coated. Shake off any excess, and dip the tenders into the whisked egg. Finally, roll it in the panko mixture, and set aside. Repeat this step until all of the chicken has been coated.
- Bake. Arrange the chicken tenders in an even layer on a greased baking sheet. Then, spray them generously with oil spray. Bake until they’re golden brown and cooked all the way through, flipping halfway through baking.
Of course, when it comes to Parmesan chicken tenders, you can’t forget the sauce! Pair your chicken with all your favorite dippings options like ketchup, honey mustard, barbecue, or Ranch. Then, to make it a complete meal, serve them up with all your favorite sides! Some of our favorites include:
How to Store
Refrigerator: Once baked and fully cooled, transfer leftovers to an airtight container or sealable bag, and store them in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Freezer: Let your chicken cool completely. Then, place them on a baking sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until they’re solid. Transfer the chicken to a sealable bag, and keep it frozen for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Feel free to warm your chicken straight from frozen using the oven. Or, let them thaw completely, and pop them in the microwave for a minute or two until your desired temperature is reached.
Parmesan Chicken Tenders Common Questions
Sure! Just cut your chicken into smaller bite-sized pieces, and follow the rest of the recipe. However, you will likely need to adjust the baking time as nuggets are likely to cook much faster due to their small size.
How do I get my Parmesan chicken tenders crispier?
If your tenders aren’t crisping up, try placing them on a wire baking rack on top of your baking sheet.
Be sure to grease the pan liberally, and feel free to line it with aluminum foil to prevent the chicken from sticking!
More Tasty Chicken Recipes
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? We’ve got you covered with the recipes below!
Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 large eggs (whisked)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease a baking dish, and set aside.
- Make a dredging station with 3 separate shallow plates. On the first plate, add the flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. On the second plate, add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. On the third plate, carefully add the whisked eggs.
- Season the chicken tenders with the remaining salt and pepper. Coat the tenders in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip them into the eggs, coating completely. Then, coat the chicken with the Panko and Parmesan mixture. Set aside. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking dish. Spray the tenders with spray.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, flipping halfway through. Serve with condiments of choice.
- Store chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.