Upgrade your breakfast with this
Table of Contents
We’re Revolutionizing French Toast & You’re Gonna Love It!
You guys, we LOVE French toast. With recipes like our berry stuffed croissant French toast bake, baklava French toast, and our easy French toast with caramel sauce, we make some variation of the dish at least once a week.
However, with busy schedules, we don’t always have time to soak a casserole in advance or stand over the stove. So, instead of giving up our favorite breakfast, we made this quick
Here’s why we’re completely obsessed and know you will be, too:
- It’s made with just a handful of staple ingredients.
- It cooks in ten minutes or less.
- Every bite is loaded with a sweet, fluffy cream cheese filling.
- You can mix and match all your favorite toppings for a restaurant-worthy breakfast or brunch.
- It’s fancy enough for holiday celebrations and easy enough for a weekday breakfast.
What You’ll Need
This has quickly become one of our go-to breakfasts because we almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bread – Any bread you have on hand will work. However, for the best results, we recommend using thick, crusty bread pieces like Brioche or Challah. No matter what you choose, make sure it’s just a little stale. Or, stale it yourself!
- Whipped Cream Cheese – We use plain cream cheese, but flavored varieties work, too.
- Eggs – This is crucial to lock in moisture and create the crisp exterior we look for with French toast.
- Milk – We recommend using whole milk for the richest flavor, but any milk or dairy-free milk you like best can be used.
- Cinnamon – This adds an extra element of sweetness with just a hint of spice that makes this
air fryerFrench toast out-of-this-world delicious.
- Salt – Just a pinch is used to help enhance the rest of the ingredients.
How to Make
Air Fryer French Toast
This recipe comes together in no time and is so easy even the kids can do it!
- Make Sandwiches. Divide the bread into pairs, and make sandwiches, filling the bread pieces with cream cheese.
- Coat the French Toast. Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and salt in a shallow bowl until smooth. Dip the sandwiches into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Air Fry. Arrange the sandwiches in a single layer in a preheated
air fryerbasket, leaving a little space between each sandwich. Cook until the French toast is golden brown on both sides and the cream cheese is soft and melted, flipping the sandwiches halfway through.
- Serve. Plate your
air fryerFrench toast, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy warm!
Tips for Success
- Don’t Oversoak the Bread. You want to coat the bread and let it absorb the egg mixture. However, it should not be so wet that it begins to fall apart. Remove the sandwiches from the liquid when you feel the bread begin to expand.
- Preheat the
Air Fryer. It’s super important that your air fryeris fully heated. Otherwise, your French toast won’t crisp up and is likely to still be raw in the center. If your air fryerdoesn’t have a preheat setting, just let it run for five minutes or so before adding your French toast.
- Line the
Air FryerBasket. To make cleanup a breeze, use air fryer liners or regular parchment paperto line the basket of your device. Then, all you have to do is lift them out and wipe the basket clean! Feel free to spray the parchment paperwith cooking oil spray to prevent the bread from sticking.
Personally, we love to serve our
- Fresh Berries
- Sliced Bananas
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
This recipe can be served as a complete breakfast on its own. However, if you want to balance out the sweetness, it pairs well with savory options such as:
How to Store and Reheat
- To Store: Transfer your French toast to an airtight container, and store it in the fridge for up to two to three days.
- To Reheat: Warm your French toast in the microwave or
air fryeruntil heated through.
Common Questions About This
Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
Depending on your
If your French toast is soggy, it’s likely because the bread was too thin, it was soaked too long, or it was not cooked long enough.
You can put aluminum foil in your
Sure! To do so, make the sandwiches as instructed. Then, use a sharp knife to slice them into sticks, and adjust the cooking time as needed as the sticks will likely take less time to become crisp.
More French Toast Recipes
Looking for more scrumptious French toast recipes? We’ve got you covered with the crowd-pleasing options below!
- Cinnamon Bun
Air FryerFrench Toast
- Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Buns
- Cannoli Baked French Toast
- Nutella Stuffed Croissant French Toast
Air Fryer French Toast Recipe
- 12 slices bread
- 1 8-ounce container whipped cream cheese
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Powdered sugar or maple syrup for garnish
- Take two slices of toast, and spread whipped cream cheese on one side of each slice.
- Press the cream cheese sides together to make a sandwich.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and salt together until well combined.
- Dip the cream cheese sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides thoroughly.
- Repeat until all the bread has been used and coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the coated sandwiches in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray, working in batches as needed.
- Sprinkle the tops with 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar on each sandwich.
- Air fry the sandwiches for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Check for doneness by making sure the toast is crispy and the cream cheese is melted.
- Once cooked, remove the sandwiches from the air fryer.
- Dust the air-fried French toast with powdered sugar, or drizzle maple syrup on top for added sweetness.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.