- 8 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 stick butter unsalted
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan shavings and chives or green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs and half and half.
- In a small oval or round baking dish about 10 inches. Add butter in the center and top with both cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and stir well with a spatula. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the salt and pepper and mix really well. Top with parmesan cheese and chives!
- Serve with toasted bread.