A breakfast or brunch you’ll look forward to eating, this Nutella Stuffed Croissant French Toast is made with decadent Nutella and flakey, buttery croissants for an indulgent recipe everyone will love!
What Is Croissant French Toast?
If you’ve never had it, croissant french toast is just like regular french toast but is made with croissants instead of bread! As a result, it’s extra flaky and full of buttery flavor. However, for this version, we took it one step further and stuffed the croissants full of Nutella. The result is to die for! Crisp on the outside, soft and flaky on the inside, and bursting with a warm chocolate hazelnut spread, it’s an indulgent recipe that will have your guests licking their fingers and begging for more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This croissant french toast uses many of the same ingredients you expect with french toast with just a few additions! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Croissants – Make sure they’re extra large or jumbo! Otherwise, they’ll be difficult to stuff.
- Nutella – If we have time, we love to use our homemade Nutella, but the storebought stuff works well, too.
- Chocolate Chunks – You can never have enough chocolate, right? We love to use dark chocolate, but any variety you like best is great!
- Eggs – Eggs are crucial to creating french toast because they solidify as they cook and lock in the moisture, keeping your french toast soft and fluffy.
- Milk – For the richest taste, we use whole milk. However, any percentage or variety you prefer can be used. Just keep in mind that the taste of your Nutella french toast may change!
- Half and Half – Unlike traditional recipes, we swapped out part of the milk with half and half. It adds a buttery taste and texture and an extra creamy taste!
- Sugar – Technically, you could omit the sugar if you want a slightly less sweet recipe. However, it’s the key to taking this from good to great.
- Vanilla – Vanilla adds depth to the rest of the ingredients, helping to enhance their natural flavor.
- Salt – Crucial to balancing the sweetness of the ingredients, salt brings out the best taste.
How to Make Nutella French Toast with Croissants
Below is an overview of the recipe instructions, but don’t forget to take a look at the recipe card below for the full details!
- Slice your croissants vertically. Make sure you do not completely cut them in half!
- Spread Nutella on one half of all of the croissants.
- Arrange them in a prepared baking dish.
- Whisk the wet ingredients, and pour them over the croissants.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks on top, if using.
- Cover the french toast with foil, and bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Can I Make Croissant French Toast Ahead of Time?
Yes! We love to prepare this recipe in advance.
For Easy Storage: Prepare your nutella french toast as usual. Then, leave it covered in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, and pop it in the oven when you’re ready! Or, you can bake it as usual, and keep your baked french toast in the fridge for 2-3 days as well.
For Longer Storage: Bake your french toast as the recipe states. Then, store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat, let your Nutella french toast thaw in the fridge overnight, and warm it in the oven or microwave!
More French Toast Recipes
- An indulgent fall brunch, this Apple Crisp Croissant French Toast is so delicious you’ll want to make it all year long!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Croissant French Toast is made with sweetened cream cheese and mascarpone filling and topped with strawberries for a breakfast you’ll love!
- The perfect make-ahead recipe, this Baked Cinnamon French Toast comes together with just a few simple ingredients.
- Everything you love about baked french toast made in the convenience of a skillet, this Skillet French Toast is out-of-this-world delicious!
Nutella Stuffed Croissant French Toast
- 6 jumbo croissants (split in half)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (more or less to taste)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (optional)
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish
- Spread Nutella on bottom half of a croissant. Place top half over the croissant and cut into slices. Repeat with remaining croissants, and place them in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the croissants.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Top with chocolate chunks, if using.
- Cover loosely with foil for the first 15 minutes, then remove. Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.