Strawberry Cheesecake Croissant French Toast
This croissant french toast bake is so good! With a sweetened cream cheese and mascarpone filling, and topped with fresh strawberries!
- 12-16 small croissants (can be made with 8 large)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tbsp good quality vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, mascarpone, powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Take approximately 2 tablespoons and spread inside each croissant.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs, half and half, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Dip each filled croissant in the egg mixture. Place in a round buttered baking dish. Repeat until you have filled and dipped each croissant. It is okay to pile them on top of each other!
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over the croissants. Cover and refrigerate overnight! *If you don't have time, try to let it sit for at least 2 hours before baking!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Top with sliced strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm with maple syrup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!