- 1/2 lb pound cake cut into 1-in slices
- 2 large ripe bananas sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk or half and half
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Dip the pound cake into the egg mixture. In a medium-high fry pan add a little butter. Cook the pound cake on each side. Set aside.
- In the fry pan over medium-high heat, add butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add bananas and stir. Spoon over the pound cake french toast. TIP: It is AMAZING with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!