Churro French Toast
- 1 loaf challah bread, medium loaf day old
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- In a small plate add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix.
- Slice challah bread into 1 inch slices. Butter each side with a thin layer of butter, approx. 1/2 tbsp butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the cinnamon sugar. Arrange in a buttered 11x7 baking dish. *Keep extra cinnamon sugar aside to use before baking.
- Pour egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove cover and sprinkle leftover cinnamon sugar. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a dallop of crème fraîche and a drizzle of chocolate sauce!