- Try this easy recipe for Mother's Day!
- 10 slices Texas Toast
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar divided
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Take 1 slice of bread and spread a little less than a tablespoon of butter on top. Sprinkle with a couple teaspoons brown sugar, just enough to cover the slice of bread. Top with another slice of toast and cut into four. Repeat with the remaining bread. Place in a buttered 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.