Pain au Chocolat French Toast
We took pain au chocolat and turned into a delicious french toast! Topped with dark chocolate and almond slices!
- 10 pain au chocolat
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (for topping)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a oven safe bowl heat your heavy cream in the microwave just until hot, approximately one minute. You want it hot but not boiling.
- Remove from microwave and add 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Let stand for two minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Add whole milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Cut your pain au chocolat in half, length wise. Arrange facing up in a large buttered oval dish.
- Pour chocolate custard over. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Top the croissants with chocolate chips and almonds. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes!
- Let cool for 15 minutes and shower with powdered sugar!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!